World Superbike On Speed

Saltman

What kept killing me is his constantly saying, “Luuks liiiike he’s a mayun on the muuve.”

Cole

When Rea and Haslam were coming onto the main straight and Scott R. piped up about what a great drive Rea was getting... Makes me think he doesn't remember much from racing. That overtaking was all motor, every time. Good drive, yes. But gotta give props where they're due, and that was monster motor

riddler

crewnutz;59659 wrote: watch the replay a few times..........you may think differently
I don't often get the time to watch replays... I might make time if I missed something...
What did I miss?

prankster624

I think a lot more people would watch it if we had better announcers. I never miss a motoGP or WSBK race on TV and I usually end up forcing a few of my non-racing friends to watch as well. Once the European announcers get all excited about what is happening on the track, it gets them into it even if they don't really know what they're watching.

Then when we watch a race in America, everyone is bored out of their minds waiting on something to happen. And when a rider goes down or does something worth mentioning, the announcers are obviously looking thru their notes to find the riders name based on their bike number. Then they almost always pronounce the names wrong. I'm constantly correcting the announcers or calling out the riders names before they do. Is it too much to ask to at least get an announcer that knows who the riders are, and maybe a little background knowledge about each one???

avizpls

#11-A
riddler;59765 wrote: I don't often get the time to watch replays... I might make time if I missed something...
What did I miss?
He might be referring to the less catastrophic incident where the announcers said hacking touched the rear of his team mates bike. They were sure of it. Unfortunatly, they're dolts and thats not what happened. (eventually he DID, you're right about that) but earlier on in race 1 hacking and teammate BOTH had seperate issues at the same time. Man in the front had a bobble with the rear so it made it seem like hacking might have touched his back wheel. Thats what the announcers said, but thats not what happened.

sorry for not knowing hackings temmates name

aronhalt

What bugged me about this race was how low the trackside volume was. I could care less about the announcing either way. Also didn't like how they didn't give the Non-American podium winners interviews after the race. They just listened to Spies and cut the feed.

fossilfuel

fossilfuel;58892 wrote: I guess I am spoiled. I just couldn't take the two announcers for the races today. I miss Jonathan Green and Steve Martin. I thought that was the lamest announcing I have heard all year and to think Miller has an agreement through 2013. I am very thankful for that but Sheehan and Russel make my ears bleed!
I was watching AMA Prime Time tonight and noticed how Greg and Scott went on an on about Michael Laverty finishing second at Miller. Thats all fine and good except that it was Eugene Laverty who finished second. Michael Laverty finished seventeenth in World Superstock.