World Superbike!!

snikwad

Got it, i emailed my friend in Australia asking him how it works.

"There are 3 superpole sessions, which see's the top 20 riders from regulation qualifying. Then its reduced to 16, and then 8 to determine the grid position."
So i gues sits better, since it clears the track for the the late guys, but its bad where if you mess up early, thats your ass for the day.

Matt H

racing-underground had a feed (you can download and watch) the full superpole proceedings. AWESOME! What a cool format. Makes you wonder with what the AMA is trying to do to make things more exciting, why not this? I can see the pros and cons for the riders, but for entertainment it is great. I'm definitely going to be watching more qualifying now.

And this field is SO deep. You can actually list a dozen riders who have a legitimate shot at winning races this year. Heck: Haga, Corser, Xaus, Biaggi, Laconi, Checa, Kiryonari, Neukirchner, Kagayama, and Fabrizio have won World Superbike races already. And throw in REAL contenders like Rea, Spies, Haslam, Sykes, Byrne, Smrz, etc. Just wow. Can't wait for this to get started.

Matt H

snikwad;39334 wrote: Got it, i emailed my friend in Australia asking him how it works.

So i gues sits better, since it clears the track for the the late guys, but its bad where if you mess up early, thats your ass for the day.
There appears to be a lot of strategy too. With only getting 2 sets of qualifying tires, you can either use them early to make sure you get in the top 8, but then have nothing left (like Laconi did), or assume that you'll get through the first round on a race tire and use the qualifiers in the later rounds, like most did (but burned Corser). It's really cool to watch.

snikwad

Matt H;39340 wrote: There appears to be a lot of strategy too. With only getting 2 sets of qualifying tires, you can either use them early to make sure you get in the top 8, but then have nothing left (like Laconi did), or assume that you'll get through the first round on a race tire and use the qualifiers in the later rounds, like most did (but burned Corser). It's really cool to watch.
yeah, exactly, seems like better racing to me.
Very unfortunate with Corsa and Haga.
The race results are even more interesting, have you seen them?

snikwad

WTH you doing in Thailand? you know what, ive been there, i dont wanna knwo what youre up too. lol

The Chad

Control Rider
snikwad;39382 wrote: WTH you doing in Thailand? you know what, ive been there, i dont wanna knwo what youre up too. lol
Actually, I was at home in Delaware... my computer address however was in Thailand.

minman26

minman26;39410 wrote: can someone please PM me an invitation code to racing-underground?
So I did some research and learned people are pretty particular who they invite. One site said the invite system isn't quite finalized yet. Pretty crazy! Well if anyone has an invite I would be grateful if you could send it over. Otherwise I will have to depend on Speed.

Thanks.

rbm822

I have two invitations to racing-underground, PM me if you want one!

edit:

I was able to download both races and it only took 20 minutes!!