WSBK Results WARNING SPOILER INSIDE

trickyricky

WSBK is making it hard for MotoGP! Nice races! Haslam finally won it! and Checa is back on the podium; Fabrizio is going to be strong again, even with a loose front fender!

Btw, Speed Channel is ridiculous!

jtsgsxr6

trickyricky;111569 wrote: WSBK is making it hard for MotoGP! Nice races! Haslam finally won it! and Checa is back on the podium; Fabrizio is going to be strong again, even with a loose front fender!

Btw, Speed Channel is ridiculous!
That was as close of a finish as they come! Hopefully race two doesn't disappoint.

LesPow

Control Rider
Great race, two was even better. Moto GP gonna be as exciting too, c'mon, rem. Ben Spies!!

tiggen

Come on, Rea!! What a finish to race two after going off track!! I still think Biaggi will win it though.

trickyricky

Seems like almost everyone is up to the task, Toseland and Vermuelen are hurt, Rea did a great race connsidering his track outing. Checa put on a demonstration of determination, patience and race line study. Both Camier and Crutchlow looked promising.
But Fabrizio Haga, Biaggi, Haslam seems on a different level. As soon as BMW get their act together, Corser will be there too.

Fire929

I agree on both Camier and Crutchlow looking good. I think both of them will finish ahead of their team mates by seasons end.

Vermeulen had a weekend to forget but at least he put the Kawi in the lead pack at the start.

Xaus didn't make the races at all. Maybe BMW can call Mladin up and have him on deck in case Xaus has another crash filled weekend.

trickyricky

The Italian comentators said that Xaus was taken out of the line up due to lack of confidence, 3 crashes in a weekend will do that to you! BMW was running low on spare parts!

alocker

2 great races. Too bad I still could not tell who won the photo finish because the Speed feed is freakin horrible. When I sat down to watch I hoped for a better picture this year, but I think it got worse. :mad:

Fire929

haslam_fabrizio_news_01.jpg

rk97

The picture quality varies by venue. You think Speed sent cameras to Australia for US viewers? They're just buying the feed from whoever will give it to them cheapest.

can somebody refresh my memory about last year? I don't recall any Suzukis doing well last season. Did they upgrade bikes, riders, team management, or just do more testing?

Fire929

Upgrade of riders for Suzuki it looks like. Max was fast on the Suzuki but he was hurt last year and then switched teams this year.

meowculpa

rk97;111611 wrote:
can somebody refresh my memory about last year? I don't recall any Suzukis doing well last season. Did they upgrade bikes, riders, team management, or just do more testing?

Suzuki always had a problem. Not with the bike but the way the team was run. agreed, the K9 model had teething issues but, it didn't stop Max Neukirchner put on a great show while he was on the gas last year. he was in the running for a solid position in the championship until, I think, Monza when he was taken out while leading the race
by a wayward bike.. this exposed the soft underbelly because Francis Batta's Belgian factory team had to have a japanese rider in their ranks due to contractual clauses and unfortunately Yukio isn't good enough to be a front runner in WSBK [although he did all the donkey work for the jap engineers- as steve martin eloquently puts it ]

The Japs realised the folly and decided to back the team and pursue results this time resulting in a coup that led to the incorporation of Sylvain Guintoli from the BSB series in bizzare circumstances [he's always had the hots for a world stage] and a fortuitous failure of the Stiggy team which landed them Leon Haslam [ stiggy had sponsorship problems and Leon had a stubborn ambition to be on a Factory machine which left him few choices] .. btw, not everyone wanted to be Max Biaggi's partner because the development on the aprilia was decided by the Roman Emperor.

now they've sorted the machine and have 2 competitive riders which is driving them forward and the results are there for everyone to see.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
tiggen;111585 wrote: I still think Biaggi will win it though.
Are you kidding??!?!! Biaggi is over the hill. Ape needs to get an up and comer in there with some ambition.

mcskeeto

trickyricky;111600 wrote: The Italian comentators said that Xaus was taken out of the line up due to lack of confidence, 3 crashes in a weekend will do that to you! BMW was running low on spare parts!
He ended up taking Haga out in warmup at 150 MPH causing a swollen, painful arm and a sore back.