WTB - Engine and/or Head for '08 GSXR600

falseneutral

So there I was, grinning with delight after purchasing a well tuned (but slightly dated) AMA race bike from a kind soul in Destin, Florida. It was a pleasant 70 degrees when we loaded the new-to-me machine into my truck on that sunny January morning. During the 900 mile drive north, the temperature dropped a few degrees. By the time I reached home (then near Joliet, IL), the thermometer was indicating almost 0 degrees. The coolant (water) froze and cracked something important. Oil and water can be seen swirling together behind the sight glass. The Gentleman Mechanic Huey of Marietta Motorsports seemed pretty confident that I'll need a new head. I'm interested in one of those or, for the right price, an entire engine. Any help would be appreciated. I'll be at VIR on 26 March if anyone wants to stop by and mock my obliviousness to the effects of freezing temperatures on a bike cooled by something other than Water Wetter or Engine Ice. Look for the big green truck. Thanks!

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
I have a complete engine from a 2011 gsxr 600, I'm sure its the same. Talk to Huey, I just sold him one. The one I have is a MotoAmerica supersport engine and can give you a heck of a deal.

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
My wife pokes fun at me every time I turn on an electric heater in the garage when the temperature outside drops below 35.
"Making sure your babies stay warm?"
Damn right!!