WTB Fairing Stay '06 GSX-R 750

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
CookieMan..you don't want to know...but it was spectacular to watch!

Brad/Sharon...thank you again for your hospitality Saturday night..the Coffee Cake was just the perfect ending to a great meal.

Drtbkrdude

Rich,
I don't even want to know! Uhmmm, I was going so fast it ripped off the upper fairing?:notsure:
Okay. So all whom have witnessed/involved or heard of the 2nd session red flag in 'A' . First and foremost I want to apologize for the stoppage. I wasn't hurt that bad but couldn't remain standing. By the third dip to my knee the CW threw the flag.
It was so, so, so, so, so stupid it is difficult to explain, but inquiring minds want to know...
While trying to blip the throttle more as I downshift I was also concentrating on modifying body position as I approach a turn. Spent too much of my $10 and F'd up.
As I shifted to 2nd approaching turn 1, I twisted the wrist just to the point of causing more finger pressure on the brake lever. I was already on the binders pretty hard and that little extra sent me right over.

Doc's diagnosis was good. No concussion, no broken bones, but a small fracture in the uppemost-left rib.
Shoulder took a good whack but no damage to rotator cuff.
I do have to take deep breaths frequently to avoid fliuds building up in my lungs.
PRAYERS NEEDED!:saythat:
Send money to:
Drtbkrdude Education Fund
So that I may learn what 'fast' means!

Thanks for the concern, Rich.
Yes Tom, I bought another piece of Summit T1!
If all goes well, I'll be at the Beav for the endurance days!

D-Swens

You can buy the OEM knockoffs on ebay for like $79.99. I've been through a few of them and they actually fit up well and are pretty decent quality...u really can't tell the difference from OEM on the good ones

Drtbkrdude

D-Swens;213731 wrote: You can buy the OEM knockoffs on ebay for like $79.99. I've been through a few of them and they actually fit up well and are pretty decent quality...u really can't tell the difference from OEM on the good ones
Thanks for the tip Andrew. Just ordered one.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
D-Swens;213731 wrote: You can buy the OEM knockoffs on ebay for like $79.99. I've been through a few of them and they actually fit up well and are pretty decent quality...u really can't tell the difference from OEM on the good ones
First off, glad you're doing ok, Brad. I saw the aftermath.

As someone else who recently had to buy a fairing stay for the same bike, agree with the above. I found them on ebay for somewhere around that price, brand-new. The brand I found was Motobracket. It fit exactly like OEM for about half the price. You'll just need to add your stock rubber grommets.

Edit: Just saw you've already ordered! :D

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Drtbkrdude;213918 wrote: Thanks, Judy!
I did order the Motobracket. Just need to get all the pieces together in time for the Beav!
Good, you'll like it. My bolted right in and everything lined up perfectly!

Good luck getting everything back together for the Beave, you've got a couple of weeks....you'll do it.... ;)

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Drtbkrdude;213690 wrote: Rich,
I don't even want to know! Uhmmm, I was going so fast it ripped off the upper fairing?:notsure:
Okay. So all whom have witnessed/involved or heard of the 2nd session red flag in 'A' . First and foremost I want to apologize for the stoppage. I wasn't hurt that bad but couldn't remain standing. By the third dip to my knee the CW threw the flag.
It was so, so, so, so, so stupid it is difficult to explain, but inquiring minds want to know...
While trying to blip the throttle more as I downshift I was also
concentrating on modifying body position as I approach a turn. Spent too much of my $10 and F'd up.
As I shifted to 2nd approaching turn 1, I twisted the wrist just to the point of causing more finger pressure on the brake lever. I was already on the binders pretty hard and that little extra sent me right over.

Doc's diagnosis was good. No concussion, no broken bones, but a small fracture in the uppemost-left rib.
Shoulder took a good whack but no damage to rotator cuff.
I do have to take deep breaths frequently to avoid fliuds building up in my lungs.
PRAYERS NEEDED!:saythat:
Send money to:
Drtbkrdude Education Fund
So that I may learn what 'fast' means!

Thanks for the concern, Rich.
Yes Tom, I bought another piece of Summit T1!
If all goes well, I'll be at the Beav for the endurance days!
I've caused a few red flags myself...and I can say that my first concern is for the rider down...I want off the track asap so the EMT Staff/etc can get there to assist as soon as possible. You being OK is more important to me than missing a few laps of a session.

I'm pretty sure the rest of us feel that way, too.

Glad to see your OK for the most part, in high spirits, and already planning your next event.