WTB gsxr600 04/05 throttle body

beaver

got a FI failure last sunday at summit main, I did the troubleshooting and came out the STVA (Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator) is gone.
according to the maintenance manual you can't just change the actuator, you got to change the whole throttle body :argh:
I'm searching a throttle body assy PN 13405-29G00, when I mean ASSY I mean complete as described on the fiche.
thank you for helping

trekuhl

Control Rider
this can be fixed fairly easily if you can use a multimeter ans soldering iron (or find a buddy). theres fellow on gixxer[dot]com that u can ship ur svta and he will do it for a very good price. think his name is geek.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132366&page=2&highlight=code

another note, the svta is an emissions item so technically it warrantied for like 5 years (by federal law i think?) or up to 15000 or 18000 miles. dont quote me on this, but i have heard there is federal law that mandates emissions parts are warrantied way longer than the normal stuff. but do your homework first, most guys who goto the dealer have to have this info in hand otherwise dealer says hand me $2000 for new throttle body.

gl

beaver

I arrived at the same conclusion last night, so I removed the STVA even if the tech manual said to don't do it, I opened it up and then I soldered again the contact.
IT WORKS GREAT!!!:congrats:
I saved a lot of money and I'm very proud of the troubleshooting I did.

trekuhl

Control Rider
kool. ive been meaning to do mine for a year...come on over and ill let you do it. free beer!

glad that worked out. one of these days ill do mine. i keep reaching down and lifting the control mechanism up if it sticks on left side.