WTB Street Legal Bike ~$3000

UUarX

I posted up a want to buy track bike thread a few weeks ago, but have since changed my goals. I'm still in school and think that right now having a strictly track bike is not practical while I'm at school. I'd like to find a street legal bike for about $3000 that I'll also use for track days.

Insurance wise, I'm leaning towards an sv650 since it would be a lot cheaper to insure. But, If you have something else I'd definitely consider as well.

I'm near Chicago, and would like to find something within a few hours.

Let me know if you have anything along those lines.

Thanks,
Brent

UUarX

Thanks for the offer, but you're a pretty decent distance from me. I'm going to see what I can find in the area. I'll drop you a pm if I decide that coming out there would be reasonable.

Thanks!

I'm in the process of finishing an 02 GSXR600 (basically all stock) that I'm looking to get $3200 for and also working on a 2001 SV650 (CF tank, 02 GSXR1000 front end, Yosh Pipe, ZX6 shock, etc) that I'm thinking like $2900. I'm not too far from you but still a few hours drive (Holland, MI). Shoot me an email (kvb at iserv dot net) if you're at all interested and we can discuss.

UUarX

Thanks for the offers guys, last night I purchased a 2003 r6 for $3000. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited.

Thanks again guys!