WTB Track Bike, ~$2k Cash In Hand, VA,MD,DC, or CT areas

x7tristan

Looking to get a track only bike. Wanting to spend around $2k, but willing to negotiate if the bike is right. I am able to pick up in the Northern VA, MD, DC or CT areas (I have family in the hartford area so I drive up there a lot).

Please list the specs of your bike along with pics.

Thanks,
TJ

x7tristan

I know $2k may be low but I'm just looking for something I can start on with a straight frame, forks, swingarm, subframe, wheels and a reliable motor. Doesnt have to look pretty and can be missing bodywork, and other non essential parts that I can pick up myself.

rk97

for $2k, you can have my '93 F2 with a spare rear wheel and front/rear stands. I've got a box of stock parts and a service manual that go with it too.

woodcraft rearsets, stainless brake lines (front), woodcraft clipons, penske shock, racetech emulators with 1.0 springs, decent bodywork, 520 chain and sprockets (geared -1/+1). clean title IN MY NAME. New brake pads will go on before 5/2 or come with the bike if I don't get them on it.

I'll even rattle-can it the (solid) color of your choice if you're not a browns fan.

PM me if interested. Only thing not to like about my bike as a cheap track tool is the gauges are long gone. i have a shift light programmed for 12,000 RPM (peak power), and an autometer tach with a broken needle, but under warranty. the shift light works well enough that I haven't bothered sending in the tach.

rk97

only from last season, but plenty of the bike in action. it's less interesting sitting still - but i can take some if you want :)

when i bought it:

DSC00931.jpg

after fresh paint:
IMG_0220-1.jpg

in action at Beave last year:
RB7_2154.jpg

ignore the questionable body positioning... with better form, the F2 got me into "I" and performed pretty much flawlessly this past weekend at NJMP. I passed many newer bikes. it won't win any drag races with anything more powerful than an SV650, but it put 87hp to the wheel when I purchased from the previous owner. I have put the bike down since any of those pics were taken (lowside in the grass at Nelson), but as noted, rode it this past weekend. only damage was to the rearset braket (replaced with new from woodcraft) and some cracks in the fairing. I'd fiberglass that 'damage' before selling it to anyone but my little brother :p

rk97

oh, has a full two-brothers exhaust too. Was bent the slightest bit in that lowside at nelson. It's been bent back, and there's a ghetto (but effective) shim keeping the can from contacting the swing-arm at full compression.

I think you'd have to highside or take the bike off a jump for it to even be an issue though.

bike also has basic safety wiring. not WERA spec or anything (it's never been raced), but major things like oil plug, caliper bolts, axles, etc.

jixerking

yeah chris had the creamsicle rolling this past weekend......i was surprised by the corner-exiting power......great starter bike....

hibshman25

I've got this 636 track bike I'm selling. I'm only about 2 hours north of Baltimore in PA. I have it listed for 3,000 but am willing to negotiate.

bikes087.jpg

rk97

jixerking;47592 wrote: yeah chris had the creamsicle rolling this past weekend......i was surprised by the corner-exiting power......great starter bike....
power? nah, it's all gearing! :)

discounteggroll

doing fine...still working for rye country day school as an apple authorized service provider.

Picked up the yamaha about 2 weeks ago. the MSF class I'm taking doesn't start until the end of may, so every day that goes by is like torture.