WTB Track Bike

nocerus03

Looking for a track bike located near or around Chicago (200 mile radius). Looking to spend no more than $2500.00 Let me know what you have im open to anything.

BigKid

I don't have abike for you but a suggestion. At your price range a poorly set up SV650 is probably the best you are going to find. If you worked on your budget, say $3500-$4500 you may find a well sorted SV650 or a decent 600. Don't know what your riding ability is. If you are new to track riding a SV would be a good start. If you have been rinding a bit you may want to look for a decent 600. Problem with a 2500 budget is any bike you find in that range will need some work or maintanence due to age or condition.

Drtbkrdude

Look Before You Leap

NOCERUS,
Take a look at same page you just sent your request on.
Eight lines down, 2004 GSX-R 750, $2500.00.:banghead:

nrcooled

nocerus03;36623 wrote: I saw that bike last night. Im looking for something a little more track ready.
That's about as good as you're going to get with $2500.

It's right in line with what BigKid said.

nocerus03

There are a few worthy bikes out there. Im looking at an 00 R6 thats track ready for $1900 and a 01 GSXR-750 for $1800 thats track ready. I should be able to find a good track bike for that money.

webbr6

i got a 04 gsxr for 4000... its very track ready. if you raise your amount to spend its a great bike.

Wink

+1 to what BigKid said.

Good SVs are gonna start at $3k and go up with goodies.
Older 600s can be had for a wide range, but remember, technology has grown the ease of riding these bikes QUITE a bit in the last 5 years. the difference between an 2001-2004 bike and the current crop is like night and day.

dlockhart5x

If you are looking to enjoy many track days for minimal $, a good SV is just the ticket. The savings in tire expenses on a SV vs a modern(recent 600) will cover several more NESBA weekends per year.

Both my brother and I are on "lightweight" bikes and typically do 15- 20 days per year and have over the past 3 years gone from B to A and used 2 sets of tires per season. That adds up to a lot of $ saved.

Deals are out there. For example. I think my brother paid $2600 for his 1999 SV with a Penske and full M4 exhaust fully WERA race prepped.