WTB Transponder for ASRA use

ski2we#13

My people, I am trying to get my feet wet in racing with a few weekends of ASRA this year.

I have spent enough money… looking for a deal on a transponder. It appears the requirement is for the “MYLAPS” transponder.

Any assistance or tips in the purchase is appreciated!

rpm894

Are you an AMA member? If so, log into your account and go to the discounts section. There was a 20% coupon code for mylaps. People sell used ones on the WERA forums sometimes too.

ski2we#13

I will have to check the wera forums. You know if the new transponders that are more expensive “to go”…. I am assuming it is due to not having to buy new subscriptions constantly…???

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I will have to check the wera forums. You know if the new transponders that are more expensive “to go”…. I am assuming it is due to not having to buy new subscriptions constantly…???
They sell them in 1, 2, 5 and unlimited subscription intervals. The cheapest ones are the 1 year and they go up from there, with yes...the non-subscription go being the most expensive. The advantage to the subscription model is it includes a warranty. If you are just dabbling, I would go for the cheap one, and it looks like @nuseeit has you covered.

For anyone looking in the future, I bought mine from Livetimescoring.com, and they actually beat out the AMA deal once you factored in shipping costs. Price delivered for me for a 1 year was 150.99.

ski2we#13

I have one that I am willing to sell. TR2 transponder. I will be at NCBike this weekend 6/22 and 23.
I will not be there unfortunately.

Which model do you have (rechargeable or bike powered), how much? And are you willing to do a transaction and ship?

Thanks boss.