WTF?? NJMP should just change insurance carriers.

Ex. 39

theyre not requiring you to have personal insurance, nor are they requesting to see your insurance if you do. They simply want your info and emergency contact info, whats the harm in that? I run alot of trackdays and even the track org requires that type of info when you sign up, typically the tracks dont. But, since youre already giving your contact info to the org you are there with, whats the big deal about giving it to the track? They just want to make sure they can contact someone for you in case they need to, and if THEY are hosting their own trackdays, then by all means they should have it.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Always a good thing to be proactive when it comes to one safety. That's how I read it...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Works for me. I'd want someone to know whom to call should something happen to me, one more source having the info is ok, I think. I'm also glad NESBA records an emergency contact-not all orgs do.

Slowzuki

Damn! You Americans really love rules and bureaucracy... I don't know about you guys, but every time I get to any track, I'm dying to pay a visit to the John... With more papers to sign, I'll probably piss myself!:D

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
My person to contact is Jenny Frantz. Her mobile number is 410-867-5309. Can someone give that info to NJMP?:D

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Ok, I read it more closely. I think it's bullshit. They don't require an emergency contact, that's optional, so it's not a safety thing. The mandatory fields are name, phone, email and zipcode. They don't state a privacy policy. Now I want to know to whom they're selling my information. I'm not buying the "insurance requirement".

some guy #2

Aren't they requiring that everybody who enters the track give them that information? I took it to mean even spectators for AMA rounds will have to fill out the form.

Slowzuki

HondaGalToo;234138 wrote: Ok, I read it more closely. I think it's bullshit. They don't require an emergency contact, that's optional, so it's not a safety thing. The mandatory fields are name, phone, email and zipcode. They don't state a privacy policy. Now I want to know to whom they're selling my information. I'm not buying the "insurance requirement".
:agree:

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
some guy #2;234140 wrote: Aren't they requiring that everybody who enters the track give them that information? I took it to mean even spectators for AMA rounds will have to fill out the form.
That's my understanding as well. Can you imagine how long it's going to take to get in the gate for a major spectator event, let alone a trackday or anything else? Gonna be a nightmare, me thinks. We'll see. I sent them an email asking if they were planning on having two lines at the gate...one for Fan Pass and one without. I also asked their privacy policy and if they were going to be selling my email address and phone number to marketers. :D I doubt I'll get a response, but if I do, I'll post up.

hooligan998

Aside from spectators, wouldn't the organization you're racing with be the ones to contact your emergency contact, and not the track personnel? And I don't consider e-mail to be an emergency contact medium.

This is marketing. Nothing more. So I call BS as well.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I'd give them BS email and info... Am I the only one that has a little I.C.E. card in their wallet?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Otto Man;234405 wrote: Am I the only one that has a little I.C.E. card in their wallet?
Nope, I have one there, I have a small pouch stuck on my helmet with info, and a card in the small pocket located along the front zipper in my Vansons.