XT Ultra Lap Timer?

RADAR Magnet

I feel a little silly asking this but I'll claim noob status and ask anyway! How do you guys attach the XT Ultra-Lap timer to your bikes? The receiver and I/R module are easy enough to connect but how to you affix them? Velcro? Fyi, I have a 2' cable and this is going on an '05 CBR. Thanks in advance!

rk97

I always zip-tie my timer cord to the bike just to be safe. The velcro itself is usually pretty strong, but the adhesive can start to let go in extreme temperatures, so watch out for that.

RADAR Magnet

Wow, as if getting past by most in B group wasn't enough of an indication of how slow I am, this thing puts it into undeniable focus. I guess only one way to go from here!

Thanks again for the help.

rk97

you really don't want to read into lap times too much unless you've got onboard video and/or GPS track mapping synchronized with it...

a lap time is the most primitive and ambiguous performance indicator available. It doesn't consider track conditions, any traffic you were dealing with, what bike you're on, where you could be going faster, or what good or bad decisions you're making along the way.

RADAR Magnet

Hey I don't know if that makes me feel better or makes me question buying it; my times improved by the end of day so I'll take it with a grain if salt and call it a good day.

Blinky

A good day is a day without broken pieces and wondering where in the hell did that come from :dunno: