YCRS is BACK in NJ!

slowpoke

For the third year in a row, the Yamaha Champions' Riding School will be returning to NJMP for two schools on June 11-12, 13-14. Each school consists of one day on Lightning and one day on Thunderbolt in order to maximize the school's effectiveness since the two tracks present different types of corners which allows for more drills and ultimately more robust instruction.

For 2012, the price will remain the same at $2300 per student which includes tuition, breakfast, and lunch at the track. The team from YCRS will not be traveling to NJMP with their entire fleet of bikes. Instead, YCRS is collaborating with NESBA who will be providing the instructors' bikes along with a limited number of student bikes should you not have your own bike (or prefer to ride a new R6). Additionally, NESBA is working with YCRS in coordinating with NJMP along with other logistical support.

School #1 (June 11-12) will be reserved for Advanced riders and upper-Intermediate riders only. We've done this two years in a row and it has worked out very well. Currently this school is sold out; however we are starting a wait-list so please contact me at cpontrelli at msn dot com ONLY IF you are interested in school #1. (in previous years, we've always gone to the wait list since sh*t happens during the season).

School #2 (June 13-14) is open to "all comers" and the exact same information will be covered. To sign up for this school, you can visit http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/riding-school/yamaha-champions-riding-school.html

Both schools are capped at a maximum of 20 students, and there will be a maximum of 4 students per instructor; however there is plenty of 1:1 instruction as the many alumni of the school can attest to. I can promise you these will both be sold out very quickly so if you're interested, contact Shorty as soon as you can.

WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT TO LEARN (IMO):
--Dramatic improvements in body position
--How to improve traction and make tires last longer
--Consistent laptimes with less effort
--Trailbraking for a safer, more consistent lap
--How to break down a racetrack by type of corner
--Analyzing your own riding lap after lap
--Using the rear brake
--Planning/reacting to the unexpected
--Motorcycle geometry, physics, and suspension, and tons more....

denbsteph

This is going to be a stupid question, ride rain or shine? Probably a good thing to have a set of rain tires? Thanks again!!

slowpoke

Yes, sir. it's rain or shine and while rain tires aren't necessary, they're nice to have. Seems whenever you have rain tires, you can almost guarantee it will be sunny out:banghead:

COOLTOY

Thanks for the post and for sharing my info Chris!

I would love to help out anyone that is interested in getting signed up and we are getting a lot of attention already. I expect we will have both of these dates full in the next few weeks so get in touch with me and I will do all I can to make this work for you if you are interested.

If anyone would prefer to email me that would be fine: dshort@millermotorsportspark.com

Thanks!

"SHORTY"
Daniel S Short

denbsteph

I spoke with Mr. Short the other night, talk about motivating! he was fired up to take care of business.

Dennis

COOLTOY

I have had a few calls and emails lately and we are getting this class filled pretty quick. I know most folks think this is still quite a ways out but if you are interested in getting in to this class please let me know soon to ensure we have space for you before we run out.

Thanks to all who have signed up so far and I look forward to riding with you soon!

SHORTY

COOLTOY

There is just one spot left for the June 13-14 school at NJMP. Let me know if you want to get registered and I will get you set up.

Thanks!

SHORTY
435-277-8788

Domenic

Just been to the school in Vegas last weekend.
If you ride a motorcycle YOU HAVE TO GO TO THIS SCHOOL. Period end of statement.

Fritz

Domenic;237675 wrote: Just been to the school in Vegas last weekend.
If you ride a motorcycle YOU HAVE TO GO TO THIS SCHOOL. Period end of statement.
AGREED! I just went in March.....it was a fantastic school!