Yet another newbie post from 7/6 at NYST

thesnowgod

Just now getting a chance to post. Have to tell everyone how awesome the day was for me.

I came with a LOT of excitement (yeah, we all do) but I was super nervous. "What if I can't hold my line and I take someone out who's trying to pass me?" "What if I'm a rolling roadblock out there??" "What if.......?" I was in knots.

Having lurked around in here for nearly a year, I can say for certain the positive things people say about NESBA are certainly TRUE. The folks who run the place are f$%^ing amazing. Patient. Smiling. Great advice. The works. The other riders out there were ego-less. If I told someone they were fast (and I said that a lot! hahaha) they'd smile and simply thank me.

If I waited to talk to a CR, they'd eventually get to me and if they could, they'd give me advice. Most obvious from Todd, "Get your a$$ outta that seat!" (I'll continue to work on that).

Just a positive day. Two days later and my head is still spinning but in a good way. My thighs are aching terribly but that's OK.

Off the top of my head I have to thank Todd and Poper. Super guys. ZERO egos. I'd ask for help, they gave it. They'd pass me, point with the "Follow me" sign and I'd pick up the right line. They'd wave me by and show me what I was doing wrong. As an MSF RiderCoach I can tell ya, critiquing someone can be tricky. Ya got to get the tips out there without overwhelming the person with too much info and without crushing their feelings into dust over what they did wrong. They nailed it.

I also wanted to say "HI" and give out a "Nice to see ya and/or ride with ya." to the Copper Twins. Great couple and I enjoyed riding with them a lot. We all went at similar paces and it was fun to follow them around the track most of the day. Super attitudes too.

VZHulin... holy crap dude.... you're fast. I believe it was you I saw throwing on a backpack and then bringing your bike back to street-attire and riding home. Dayum. Keep up the amazing work. I saw you every so often out there.... on the front stretch mostly.....buzzing by me like I was on the brakes. :D

Hamebone, sorry about that zipper man. I knew it pissed ya off. Certainly glad ya didn't discover that weakness during a slide.

Moman, thanks for coming over to say hi. Ya knew one of my former MSF students and made me laugh when ya said, "He said to look for a rider with a bum leg, figured it was you." Your Beemer is as gorgeous as you are fast. You had my wife's favorite bike of the whole weekend.

V4-FTW, it was great to meet ya man. Congrats on the bump to "A", John told me about it yesterday. :D Also appreciate the pit spot and the tire pressure adjustment. Hope to hang with you guys again.

OK, OK I'm sure I left someone out but I'm not accepting a Grammy award so enough is enough.

Thanks again everyone. It was an amazing day and one I'll most likely never ever forget. I look forward to many more too.

PS. Was I mistaken or isn't there some sort of B-group class in the morning? I thought after the rider's meeting the B class folks go into a class of some sort for advice and stuff. Or was that basically what was covered by Todd that morning before we hit the track?

moman

Great meeting you Ron( think I got it right).
There's another organization that does classes for the beginner group. NESBA is hands on, get on the track and watch and be watched to improve your riding skills:bumpme:

sportygurl131

thesnowgod;280241 wrote:
I also wanted to say "HI" and give out a "Nice to see ya and/or ride with ya." to the Copper Twins. Great couple and I enjoyed riding with them a lot. We all went at similar paces and it was fun to follow them around the track most of the day. Super attitudes too.
Hey!!! it was nice to meet you as well !!!! and welcome to the track addiction!!! we hope to see you as well!! i also thought you deserved a shout out too i watched you help multiple people with packing or rearstands etc! all smiles for you thesnowgod!

:D :cool:

Poper

Great riding with you this weekend. I'm sure old bike went faster than it ever has! Your next MSF course MUST include a NESBA segment, followed by mandatory registration for a track day at NYST!

See you back at the track!

V4-FTW

Ron when you first arrived next to us on that literally squeaky bike I was seriously concerned for your safety! :) I see a lot of newer riders get so overwhelmed with first time track experience they never check their tire pressures. Had I known you are a MSF instructor you would have been fine with the 42 rear, and 40 front pressures. ;) I do my entire "Team Aprilia" crews bikes it was just more bike to check in the morning.

John told me you are really cruising out there! Normally I get a chance to watch but it was so freaking hot there was no way I could climb that hill by the afternoon.

Hope to see you and John out there again soon.

Aprilia 417

Great three days at the track (did the NYST member day Friday). Too bad my front tire was shagged to the cords by 1:20 pm on Sunday. I really missed my track bike, but the Tuono was a decent substitute. Good to see Hambone again and to meet you Ron.

Thanks Todd and Poper. By the way, how did Chris's x-ray come out?

vzhulin

thesnowgod;280241 wrote:
Off the top of my head I have to thank Todd and Poper. Super guys. ZERO egos. I'd ask for help, they gave it. They'd pass me, point with the "Follow me" sign and I'd pick up the right line. They'd wave me by and show me what I was doing wrong. As an MSF RiderCoach I can tell ya, critiquing someone can be tricky. Ya got to get the tips out there without overwhelming the person with too much info and without crushing their feelings into dust over what they did wrong. They nailed it.

Couldn't agree more - great guys, can't wait to learn more from them!!

thesnowgod;280241 wrote:

VZHulin... holy crap dude.... you're fast. I believe it was you I saw throwing on a backpack and then bringing your bike back to street-attire and riding home. Dayum. Keep up the amazing work. I saw you every so often out there.... on the front stretch mostly.....buzzing by me like I was on the brakes. :D
Thank you. :) All credit to the NESBA crew, they've helped me improve a ton. Hah yes, that was me with the backpack - I rode in from NYC and had to get back home (work on Sun). It's a nice ride once you get off the highway - the whole area around the Catskills is gorgeous.

Great riding with you as well, hope to see you back again soon!

Poper

Aprilia 417;280371 said:
Too bad my front tire was shagged to the cords by 1:20 pm on Sunday.QUOTE]

Prove it :D ! I think that front had 3 days left, minimum! Haha, your T10 slide had to be a pucker moment!

Aprilia 417

Here's a photo of the front tire. It was almost new on Friday morning. Three days, hot track and a lot of left corners were too much for it. I just didn't want it to tuck while I was in front of you the previous session. DOH!

CNY-YZF

Hi All-

Figured now that I have run a day with NESBA I should join in the conversation. I was in the paddock with the snowgod next to the team Aprilia/BMW guys. This was my third track day (having done Monticello, and Calabogie a couple years ago. Great track and a perfect day for it. Had a lot of fun, although by the end of the day I was cutting my sessions short because my legs hurt so bad. Looking at the photos, I definitely need to work on my body position, although it sure felt like i was hanging off the side. Hope to get out there a few more times, but since Congress decided I needed to be furloughed, not sure when that will happen again.

dmahons84

Password for pictures on July 7th

Does anyone have the password for the pictures from Sunday the 7th. If you could post it I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot. Dan