Wakey, Wakey... Get in shapey...

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
What does everyone eat. We eat the same 10 meals at home. So when I pack my lunch it's normally leftovers, couple of sandwiches and 3 or 4 pieces of fruit. Maybe some cut up raw vegetables

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Oatmeal for breakfast. Greek yogurt for a mid-morning snack.
Lunch is either tuna or chicken and an apple, sometimes a pb&j sandwich, or some other leftovers. Another piece of fruit in the afternoon
Supper-some protein, mostly chicken or fish, and veggies.
Nothing cooked in butter or other sauces. extra virgin olive oil for sauteing.
Snacks are fruit, almonds.
Then there's the days I deviate.....LOL

I add variety, too. Homemade soups, lofat bisquick pancakes on occasion, and so on.

Greg ZX6R

About a year and a half ago I bought a stationary bike to improve my leg strength, which was a real weak point for me. All of last season I only ran, rode the stationary bike and did push ups. No eating after 7:30pm and I was back to the low to mid 180s. I found that though my lap times improved at a couple of tracks, I was able to maintain a much higher pace during each session, due to the improved fitness.

Dave561

Control Rider
Fitness is huge and I got a rude reminder this weekend. Apparently the 64oz M&Ms and Makers diet is not the best off season training. I did look at the elliptical at least twice a week, but apparently that didn't help either. Maybe I should sell it

CBRtist

Fitness is huge and I got a rude reminder this weekend. Apparently the 64oz M&Ms and Makers diet is not the best off season training. I did look at the elliptical at least twice a week, but apparently that didn't help either. Maybe I should sell it

Isn't there some pic floating around of you with mad David Carradine skills? Have those days passed you by or was it just an acting gig?

CBRtist

What does everyone eat. We eat the same 10 meals at home. So when I pack my lunch it's normally leftovers, couple of sandwiches and 3 or 4 pieces of fruit. Maybe some cut up raw vegetables

Breakfast: eggs, spinach, whole grain bagels, no sugar peanut butter, smoothies
Lunch: Turkey/veggie burgers, spinach kale salads, chicken/tuna wraps, turkey bacon BLTs
Dinner: (I hate fish) chicken, quinoa, basmati rice, more spinach/kale, whole grain pasta, ground turkey
Drinks: Lemon water, green tea, skim milk, Ruby Red 50
Snacks: low fat cheese sticks, blanched walnuts/almonds, grain chips & salsa, 90% dark chocolate
Alcohol: Red wine only in 5oz portions (125 cal) 500 calories max for me

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Breakfast: eggs, spinach, whole grain bagels, no sugar peanut butter, smoothies
Lunch: Turkey/veggie burgers, spinach kale salads, chicken/tuna wraps, turkey bacon BLTs
Dinner: (I hate fish) chicken, quinoa, basmati rice, more spinach/kale, whole grain pasta, ground turkey
Drinks: Lemon water, green tea, skim milk, Ruby Red 50
Snacks: low fat cheese sticks, blanched walnuts/almonds, grain chips & salsa, 90% dark chocolate
Alcohol: Red wine only in 5oz portions (125 cal) 500 calories max for me
I'm am going to your house for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I love all of that food. My wife gets tired of all the times I make something with kale in it.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
I just have my wife bake cakes and cookies for me to bring to the track to fatten everyone else up to slow them down. Not sure it's working yet but everyone seems to like it when I bring them! ;-)
AJ tell your wife that the cookies are great, and don't let me know when you have them at the track! The chocolate chips are my kriptonite! LOL!
Well every once and a while you have to cheat! LOL!

borislav

Control Rider
I was never heavy eater so no problem to stay at 165 lbs.
For exercise I try to run 5 miles three times per week and on every Saturday (when possible ) me and wife run 7 miles. Between running I do P90X and yoga (my favorite).
Now all that on hold because I cracked my ribs learning to snowboard:(:mad:

Motofun352

Control Rider
At 63 fitness is more about not overdoing it than going for any kind of "shape" (other than round):).....Took the cross fit bike out yesterday as it was over 60 degrees here. Not too bad, the legs need some work though....Have Shimano SPD pedals and shoes on order that ought to help some.

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
I walk at work on average 6 miles a day...too bad there are fresh baked cookies and pasta everywhere...and I am on the food quality sensory team so I eat pasta and cookies everyday.

Seriously though as Lenny said portion control goes a long way...I went from 240 to 185 just by not binge eating.

RocketDan

This is pretty much my routine too. LOL

Seriously though, I play ice hockey as well and it really is a great exercise and seems to condition a lot of the same muscles for track riding.

No gym for me, but I do daily calisthenics for my upper body and core at my house.

I've also started dirt bike riding which kicks my ass and make my legs feel like jello. so I think it will help with conditioning.

I read the forum 3 to 4 times a day. On heavy days I burn through 350 to 500 emails at work and can go 6 to 10 hours holding a desk chair down.

I watched this about 5 weeks ago:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1567233/

made a concerted effort on diet, cutting meat and dairy to once a week and have dropped 15 pounds in 5 weeks with no other change.

Ice hockey 2 to 3 times a week, hotel gyms 2 to 3 times a weeks, 15 minute work out from the lee parks total control book daily. If it ever warms up mountain biking and dirt biking!

I have said it before, Round is a shape so technically I am in shape!

photosbymarty

Lazy Bum / Retied Photog
Finally got serious about my health about three and a half years ago. Went in to the ER and had to have my appendix removed. Asked the nurse what I weighed (of course she initially answered in KG's) and then gave me the weight in pounds. I was at over 290 (I'm only 5'7"). That woke me up and started with a boot-camp style HIIT workout. I lasted only half of the first class I went to. For some strange reason I went back three days later and don't regret it. Started hitting the gym 6X a week about 2 years ago and I'm down 80 LBS. I was down 100, but got a little lazy on the diet front. So I'm back at it and looking to drop the 20 I gained. Usual gym schedule is Monday - Shoulders, Tuesday - Bi's and Tri's, Wednesday (AM) - Core, Wednesday (PM) - legs (with a trainer due to my messed up knees), Thursday - Cardio and Friday - Back and Chest. My oldest son picked up Cross Country and Track this school year, so when I can make it, I run when they run. I'd say I run with them, but for some reason those darn kids seems to be quicker then I am. With my photo gig, I spend a lot of time walking around during the day and when track season hits, I'm riding my mountain bike around the track to get from location to location. It hasn't been easy, but damn I'm glad I've been doing it.

Attachments

• Transform 10 28 14 3.jpg
    Transform 10 28 14 3.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

r6blondie

Staff member
Control Rider
CrossFit 4-5x per week. Gotta start cycling more as well.
Healthy eating all year round. Cut out sugar and eat quality whole foods.

CBRtist

CrossFit 4-5x per week. Gotta start cycling more as well.
Healthy eating all year round. Cut out sugar and eat quality whole foods.

Question... And correct me if I am wrong. Are you currently in Japan? And don't they have a healthier lifestyle over there?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I got a Ninja Bullet for Xmas this year and my favorite breakfast is:

- About 1.5 cups of Apple Juice
- 2 packets of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1 Apple/cinnamon Greek yogurt
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (optional)

Blend it up with the Bullet.

It's just freakin' yummy!

Alex had a sip and now he has to have a "Baby Bullet" of his own in my smaller tumbler.