Recent content by blueninja1

1. B

Supermoto Questions

congrats. im looking forward to racing the 450 sumos. Entering 2 races in October and doing the Northeast series at my local track.
  2. B

Supermoto Questions

was speaking to a national racer over the phone who personally knows the bike. He recommended that I keep the front rains (still in good shape since the bike is light) and put on a new set of bt003's on the rear. I will give it a go. He said the rains will help keep the bike feeling good/planted...
  3. B

Supermoto Questions

Awesome feedback bro, I really appreciate it. The ktm 450 I want is setup with WP all around and SMS parts. I think the bike will be perfect for me. How many hours can you put on one of these things until you have to start rebuilding the internals. What parts are usually involved for the...
  4. B

Supermoto Questions

Thanks bud. If the deal does not go through I will look into your bro's bike.
  5. B

Supermoto Questions

BooBoo, I hear you on the e-start. Kick starts will drive your ass crazy if the engine decides to flood or if compression is low. Once I was kicking the thing over for a good 5 minutes in the middle of summer in full mx gear, sweating freakin bullets. I forgot to turn the fuel on :banghead: I'm...
  6. B

Supermoto Questions

the ktm 560's look sweet. Mike do you have any pics of the yamaha that you can PM me? Can you include the details of what is on the bike.
  7. B

Supermoto Questions

No, I don't want a street legal one lol. I want the race-ready SM's. I have been looking at the older KTM 450's. Would either of these be good buys: http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?143259-2004-KTM-SMS-450-3200-obo-Very-Rare...
  8. B

Supermoto Questions

Thanks, I posted there as well. Found the site this morning. I figured why not utilize both forums to get answers faster. :)
  9. B

Supermoto Questions

Hi Everyone, I'm looking to get into supermoto's and I have a few questions. I'm hoping someone with a bit of experience in the sport can chime in. First up is, what is the best SM to get (qualities expected: good bang for the buck, not too hard to maintain/work on, good parts accessibility...
  10. B

Stomp Grip Question

Cool. Very good info. Bubba, I'm also interested in knowing how you went about reinstalling the grips after they loosened up. How many trackdays were you able to get out of them before they started coming off? I get mixed feedback from people about longevity.
  11. B

Stomp Grip Question

Hi All, I have stomp grips installed on my bike and was curious about something. Will the stomp grips be weakened at all after numerous washing/cleaning over time? Is there any technique that you use to make sure that water does not have a chance to get between the tank and the stomp grip or am...
  12. B

Awesome time and many thanks at VIR

Damn dude that's pretty hardcore, 11 hours! After a trackday I'm pretty beat after my 2.5 hr commute back home from njmp. Much respect brother.
  13. B

help with dead beat buyer

Yeah bro, good to see you too man. Did a couple TD's this year on the zx6r. I bought my dad's 2010 r1 and that bike is pretty beast. Upgrading the fork internals and rear suspension to full Ohlins setup, vortex rearsets, SES race pads, and SS lines. The setup is going to be off the hook. Headed...
  14. B

help with dead beat buyer

Life has a funny way of serving up justice to those who try to cheat others. In the end everything balances out.
  15. B

Congrats to Bubba Zanetti (Dan) on his new I Sticker

congratulations dude. ;)