Recent content by GSXR_K5rider

1. GSXR_K5rider

Raleigh to NCBike on 7/23

Turns out I won't be able to attend after all due to work related issues. Maybe some other time :'( Thanks again to all those who offered ride sharing, really appreciate it!
  2. GSXR_K5rider

Lars, I'd actually be okay with that (dropping it with you ahead of time). Let me look into registering and what it will take to prepare the bike and I'll get back to you. Thanks again!
  3. GSXR_K5rider

I've considered going the tow hitch installation route but am unsure a 97 Camry 4 cylinder can handle it, car already bottoms out over every bump it hits. Lars, thanks for the offer, unfortunately I can't make it both days. I've been putting off registering since I'm not sure I can arrange...
  4. GSXR_K5rider

If my bike was registered/insured for road use I would definitely go with you since I could just ride back the next day. U-haul trailer rental isn't an option since I don't have a car with a tow hitch. Thanks though! Anyone else maybe just attending 7/23 track day?
  5. GSXR_K5rider

If I can still register for a spot I was hoping to attend the NCBike 7/23 track day, is there anyone leaving from or passing through Raleigh who could give me a ride, I can share fuel costs. Please let me know ASPA, don't want to book the track day and not be able to get there. Thanks!
  6. GSXR_K5rider

New Member w/questions

Two more questions hopefully someone can answer: 1. I have a Sena SMH10R fitted to my helmet, am I allowed to keep this attached to the helmet while riding at the track and use it, or is it something I need to remove? 2. My exhaust has been shortened and I do not have an exhaust hanger...
  7. GSXR_K5rider

New Member w/questions

I wish I could afford to buy a second bike or even a new bike as a track ready bike, but at this point in time I have neither the space nor the money. As far as parts go my bike is extremely common as you said, I just didn't want to deal with replacing bodywork if I happen to crash the bike...
  8. GSXR_K5rider

New Member w/questions

Thanks again for the welcome, I'll probably keep liability on it just because it will be going back and forth between street and track for a few years.
  9. GSXR_K5rider

New Member w/questions

Had insurance with Progressive, they wouldn't say upfront if any damages on track would be covered, the representative said it would be at the discretion of the adjuster. I thought about making my current bike track only and purchasing another bike for street riding, but that is several years in...
  10. GSXR_K5rider

New Member w/questions

***Edit: My insurance company advised me to maintain liability coverage as I normally would. So that answers that...
  11. GSXR_K5rider

New Member w/questions

I just thought of this, is any form of vehicle insurance required for a track bike? I had liability while I was using the bike on the street, full coverage just doesn't make sense on what is now an 11 year old bike as replacement parts are everywhere. Additionally, and perhaps I'm several steps...
  12. GSXR_K5rider

New Member w/questions

Thanks for the welcome, and the in-depth answer to my questions.
  13. GSXR_K5rider

New Member w/questions

Ah, I see. I'm thinking 1-2 track days in the summer so I'll probably go with the basic membership for now. Wow, it seems like the program is flexible to an extent regarding renewing, which lines up with a lot of the positive things I've heard about N2. I'm sure I'll enjoy it a whole lot more...
  14. GSXR_K5rider

New Member w/questions

Hey, I'm new here, interested in participating in some track days during Summer 2016. Anyways, the questions: 1. I'm trying to understand how the membership program works, from what I've read it seems like the membership package allows for a certain set of benefits, but is not the cost to...