Recent content by Jorgy

1. J

PittRace 5/11 Newcomer

it's natural to be nervous but don't worry N2 is great at introducing people to the track. Sounds like you have the right attitude about the whole thing. Don't be afraid to ask your neighbors in the pits if you have questions about anything, everyone is very nice and willing to help new riders...
  2. J

Novice to Intermediate Question

100% on this. You should raise your hand at your first riders meeting and read this post out loud.
  3. J

Metzeler TD Slick Availability

You have no idea - I'm fully off the deep end. My wife thinks I'm insane so I must be on the right track.
  4. J

Very interesting stuff, and clearly tire choice matters much more at the sharp end of expert/advanced no doubt. I didn't mean to start a tire preference thread, but the question of how much a tire or compound helps laptimes is pretty interesting. For my trackday riding and pace, it matters very...
  5. J

Thanks, solid advice. Quentin has been very helpful. At some point I'll try another tire brand just to help my learning. I've only ever run Dunlops.
  6. J

Thanks for the replies. This will be my 4th summer doing track days. I've been on Q3 and then Q5 every summer, great tires. At the end of last summer I tried a set of Dunlop slicks which Quentin who does the Dunlops at Pitt recommended. I'll start the season on them. I'm not particularly burning...
  7. J

Hi all. I heard some great things about the TD Slicks last summer at the track so I thoughts I'd try some. Tried to put in an order with my local shop and the distributor told them that the TD slicks are very hard to get and there might not be any in the US right now. Sounds odd, thought I would...
  8. J

The WorldSBK Thread

Yes, that's how I became interested in their success. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing, if you show me a bit of behind the scenes and the personalities of the team I get invested pretty quick.
  9. J

The MotoAmerica Thread

With Daytona and MotoGP this weekend the week has seemed to go extra slow.
  10. J

Ready for 2024!!

Bike is ready, sun is shining. See you at the track soon!
  11. J

The WorldSBK Thread

BSB at Donington would be awesome. I've been to the UK 80+ times but never managed to see a race yet! I'm rooting for Franco Bourne in BSB, underdog story.
  12. J

The WorldSBK Thread

I don't have any particular rooting interest in wsbk, but Rea's YouTube video blog series is really well done.
  13. J

Novice to Intermediate Question

I know it can be frustrating to feel like you can't get a clean lap in novice, and very difficult to get through a line of 5 or 6 slower riders. Particularly from 7-12 at Pitt. I was there last summer until I got the bump which I wasn't expecting. The best fix for it is the hot pit. If you...
  14. J

Mid Ohio N2 2024

I'll do my best to get there this year. I did the superbike school there in the 90s and haven't been back since.
  15. J

Ready for 2024!!

This makes a lot of sense. I think the stuff in that video was what got me from 2:20s to low 2s. Like you say the big things, for example that turns 1 and 2 are connected.