Recent content by Muttley

1. M

Emergency Box for those of us who come alone ?

This is a good idea - I'll be going it mostly alone all next season - fiance in military med-school across the country. That being said, it looks like I'll still need to bum rides/tow's to the tracks, so in theory I won't be -too- alone. I need more front-yard so I can get some track-transport...
  2. M

Newer than new

Thankfully, b1dapice has graciously offered to trailer my bike up and back to Monday's event. I'm not sure I entirely get the concept of pitting (other than it's just a giant parking spot?), but I'm sure we'll try to make our way around to meet people in between my heats. I received contact...
  3. M

Summit Point Main 8/26 ROLL CALL

As mentioned in other posts, I'll be there for my first ever track event. My g/f's, also coming - she won't be riding, and I was wondering if there's anything particular I should bring/keep in mind for spectators. I've been told/figured on shade, chairs, cooler w/drink/food/sunscreen, and a...
  4. M

Newer than new

The Mustang is a 2009 Bullitt. It was an optional trim package on the GT's. I can go into details on it if you want - basically it's an homage to the old '69 fastback from the movie. Shaved down, very limited external badging/accessories, and it sounds like the '69 from the movie. Good to...
  5. M

Need ride to 8/26 Summit

I'm definitely still looking for a ride up and back! If you could pick up and drop off, that would be huge! I'll shoot you an email to b1dapice at gmail (assuming that's still good?). Thanks!
  6. M

Need ride to 8/26 Summit

Hello all, If anyone's got room for a 2000 Aprilia to take to the Coleman-sponsored Summit Point day this Monday (8/26), and is in or relatively nearby the Alexandria, VA area, please let me know. This would be my first time with this entire experience, so I'll try not to be a burden or...
  7. M

Newer than new

Nope, it's a 2009 Mustang w/no hitch, and apparently has a tow limit of 1000lbs. I'm told trailers are around 500lbs and my bike is something like 490ish with a full tank, so I'd be at max tow-weight on a Mustang. I imagine that's probably not a great idea...!
  8. M

Newer than new

Hello all, First heard of NESBA from the mechanic at Coleman's (Woodbridge, VA) that looked over my bike before the upcoming 8/26 Summit Point day - I was trying to figure out how to get out there w/out having to ride it for the 160miles round-trip, and he mentioned the NESBA forums. So, here...