Recent content by Southerly

1. Southerly

Barber Roll Call

Well, I am booked for ATP, so I guess I will show up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Southerly

Thanks to CRs & others at Tally

My wife has given me a list of things I need to accomplish at home before I go back out to the track, so that is an improvement over "never". Unfortunately I am getting further behind on the jobs since I am still hurting a bit too much to be useful. Waiting for healing to complete sucks. I am...
  3. Southerly

Road Atlanta April 15-16 Roll Call

I wish I was able to be in for this one.:'( I think this is the first RA weekend I will have missed with N2 (and NESBA before that) since I started track days. It looks like you will be having a great weekend.
  4. Southerly

Thanks to CRs & others at Tally

I wanted to say thanks to the CRs as well as other N2 members who provided assistance on Saturday after I crashed and injured myself. With injured ribs and a sprained wrist I couldn't do much for myself. They took down my canopy, loaded up the SUV and put my bike on the trailer. I am bad at...
  5. Southerly

Barber Lowside with Mary!

That was the answer I expected, and I have to agree with it. Not quite what I said when you asked me on Saturday, as I was still a bit shaken (but not stirred) and hadn't yet reconciled myself to the revised appearance of my bike. By the end of the day and the pot luck life was good again. A...
  6. Southerly

Barber Lowside with Mary!

Sorry to here you joined the club as well. Sounds like you did less damage to yourself in the low side than doing maintenance. I guess the question is, were you still having fun? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Southerly

Barber Roll Call - Nov 26 / 27 **UPDATED DAILY SCHEDULE**

I hope he will have some 180 Q3s with him. I am not sure if I have enough tire left for two days. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Southerly

Barber Roll Call - Nov 26 / 27 **UPDATED DAILY SCHEDULE**

I will be there for both days, as I have been signed up since May as well. I was planning on driving there Saturday morning, but it looks like a change of plans is in order with the 8:00 start. I am hoping the mild weather continues for another month. I can't find the bubble wrap that I...
  9. Southerly

Road Atlanta Roll Call

Will there be a mini fundraiser this weekend like there was previous years?
  10. Southerly

Insurance Company

When I was getting insurance on my bike in in 2009 Progressive were more than twice the cost of Foremost here in Georgia. Foremost was $248 last year. I have seen Foremost advertise special rates for AARP members.
  11. Southerly

Road Atlanta Roll Call

Is anything planned for Saturday evening? I didn't see any mention of a meet and greet or any other special plans, although I might have missed it.
  12. Southerly

Your Track Goals for 2015?

Don't crash this year. I should be good on that one, as I only crash on even number years.
  13. Southerly

Off Season Preparation...???

My off season preparation has involved riding the motorcycle to work as often as possible. At least it keeps my knees somewhat flexible. I did do a sit up as well. I have also swapped out the rather battered can on my bike for a Two Brothers one. Now I need to find somewhere in the Atlanta area...
  14. Southerly

Road Atlanta 5/24 - 5/25

I want to say thanks to all those who put on this weekend at RA. For the most part I really enjoyed it. I do need to work more on my body position however. I got way to far off the bike on turn 1. I know how that iPhone feels.
  15. Southerly

Rd Atlanta Sat. May 24 (and the other days that weekend)

I think it is more indicative of lack of interest in the forum than the track day itself. I know of quite a few people who are planning on being there, but haven't spoken up here. The turnout in April was good. Not quite a full house, but not a lot of empty space either. On Saturday I got lots...