Recent content by thesnowgod

1. thesnowgod

Where to mount chocks - 6x12 single axle trailer

Hoping someone here can help. I know too far back is just as bad (or worse) than too far forward. Bought a 6x12 V nose style single axle trailer and plan to mount two wheel chocks in it. (Pitbull or similiar aren't feasible right now). How far from the front of the trailer should I mount the...
  2. thesnowgod

Forcefield back protector - NEW

Update: Cool seller. It arrived quickly and just in time for my Saturday track day. Thanks! Would do business with again.
  3. thesnowgod

PayPal sent! :D
  4. thesnowgod

I'll take it, accept PayPal?
  5. thesnowgod

Off Season Preparation...???

Not much else going on in NY thanks to Mother Nature and Jack Frost having a festival out there in the frozen tundra I call home. Just slinging paint for customers and day dreaming of warm weather and open track ahead of me. :)
  6. thesnowgod

Off Season Preparation...???

New lid (crashed my old one), buy chest protector and debating on laying down a fresh paintjob. Prettying up other peoples bikes now has me thinking mine looks shabby. :)
  7. thesnowgod

Your Track Goals for 2015?

Go faster, smoother, turn left as well as I turn right, have fun, don't break any (more) bones, try at least two new tracks.
  8. thesnowgod

New York Motorcycle Show

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)
  9. thesnowgod

Let's See Your Trackbike!!

My baby. I acquired it through some mutual friends of a friend of mine who had passed away. This was his trackbike. Originally, it was pretty rough and had rattlecan bodywork. He and I had discussed a paintjob I'd do for him someday based on the BMW 1000RR scheme. While it didn't happen...
  10. thesnowgod

Scott Redding's helmet down!

I can't get my mind around those lean angles. Just crazy.
  11. thesnowgod

Ever buy the same helmet twice?

Not to say that my head (and my life) aren't worth it but that is one pricey lid!!
  12. thesnowgod

Ever buy the same helmet twice?

Meaning, have you been impressed with the protection of a specific helmet after a crash that you bought another one just like it? I lowsided in September wearing a Scorpion EXO. Ended up with a nasty concussion but also ended up with a pretty good cut in my forehead from that plastic piece...
  13. thesnowgod

Bodywork repair

I know I'm SUPER late to this topic but I figured if someone else has troubles, I could maybe help them. I do paintwork for a living but don't post in here much since there are a few in here who already have active topics on this. My shop Is Not Just Paint and I can be found online at...
  14. thesnowgod

Chest protection.....

Thanks everyone, (un)fortunately I have a looooong off season here in NY to further my research but I think you guys gave me a great direction to go in. BTW, broken ribs suck sooooo much!
  15. thesnowgod

Chest protection.....

Havoc, I have this one http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-track-protection-vest?utm_source=product&kwd=&gclid=Cj0KEQjwyrqgBRDepamt-LWA2oABEiQAV7nwwK4oOfbUf2lnlSgabJtDutBeI5ZElOhqAUR0j4c1VdwaAtS48P8HAQ While I can't say for certain as every impact is different, it did little for my...