Search results

1. glen521

Suit storage?

Perspiration and mold/ mildew are the biggest killers of a suit. A mild soap like Woolite to wipe off bugs. I rub in Vanson leather conditioner. hang on a sturdy thick hanger. I would not keep in garage due to moisture, gas and exhaust fumes. I hang in a closet inside just like church...
  2. glen521

Experience Transporting Bike Inside Honda Odyssey?

I have seen this done but I cannot remember who.........................
  3. glen521

For Sale: Stinger Folding Motorcycle Trailer

Good news...he has been asking me about one and you came in right on time. Yours would be a much better fit than mine.
  4. glen521

For Sale: Stinger Folding Motorcycle Trailer

Greg, I know someone very interested in the trailer. How should they reach you ?
  5. glen521

Barber and tires

Also, since you have never been ..........more likelihood of making errors - more tire may help you recover from those errors. How much is a tire vs. bike repair and hospital bills ?
  6. glen521

Good BP... Clean line.... buttttttttt....

I see you recently switched bikes. Is this one better or worse ? Are you used to it yet ? Do you have faith in it ? At the end of the day, have you enjoyed yourself or are you frustrated ? What are your long term goals ? I or A group ? proficiency or to be the fastest woman ...
  7. glen521

Pocono is in the books!

Me too. Those restrooms were nasty...reminded of NYC subway stations...right Lenny ?
  8. glen521

Anyone local/going to Pocono have a spare suit?

forgot 610 269-4474
  9. glen521

Anyone local/going to Pocono have a spare suit?

I am not going but you can use one of mine if you are willing to come get it. I am in Downingtown, PA.
  10. glen521

Leather tailor around NC?

Lizzy / Sherri is in Va.
  11. glen521

Question about Alpinestar GP Pro Gloves

Yes. There are definitely fakes out there. Anything that is profitable will be counterfeited. I really like these gloves and have 6 pair currently. All of mine are not exactly the same and have wondered if some of mine are not legit. I thought about contacting the company but...
  12. glen521

Pirelli Dragon Super Corsa

Mete, how old is the tire ? what is the date code ? Gangsta.
  13. glen521

Road vs. GP Shift

GP shift for track bikes, std for my street cbr929rr . It keeps me in a different mindset to have the different shift patterns. Before I roll down the driveway, I say to myself - do not get carried away, I am not on the track today !
  14. glen521

Brothers and sisters...

yes, Bo ...same goes for me.
  15. glen521

Line at NJMP Lighting ?

Like Rob said, we used to all stay low... but since have been shown a better way . I used to be on my knee all the way around at the white line and it felt great but the YCRS school teaches " lean equals risk " and you can accelerate more on the meat of the tire. Now, have to unlearn and try...
  16. glen521

Yamaha Champions school

I totally agree- big chunk of change. I also agree - the N2 / YCRS SED dates are a great idea, more economical for the " taste " but most still did not take advantage of it. Due to the small amount of riders, Nick and the crew did not hold back and took over for the 2 days. This allowed...
  17. glen521

Yamaha Champions school

Otto, For me this was not just about lap times. ..... I am not competing in races. It was about comfort. I believe my backward slide was caused by a number of factors, especially not riding enough one year and then not riding enough in "A" the following year. I feel like I am...
  18. glen521

Yamaha Champions school

Now that my season is coming to a close....thought I would review the school again. I think it has given me much to work on. The weather has not cooperated much on our double days since I took it in July. I do feel more comfortable , and comfort allows everything else to open up. I...
  19. glen521

Chest protection.....

I just spoke with Mike of Impact since my holder was somewhat frayed. I did not realize I have been using it for 8 yrs. He indicated that they have made upgrades and I should send it back for inspection and updates, also stating that some of my original components may be able to be reused...
  20. glen521

Chest protection.....

Judy, dont be so sure. The Impact Safe T is custom fit and they do make them for women and contour to ( ) . The material softens as it gets warmed. I have been wearing one for years. As Dave says - all crashes are different. I broke ribs also in a highside, landed on my...