Search results

1. tujabro

Breaking in new tires...no tire warmers

Howdy my fellow track riders. I just put new tires on my track bike (Q3s). My previous tires were ridden on the street. So now with these new tires they will only see the track. How should I break these new tires in? I will be at Road Atlanta on April 15.
  2. tujabro

What Air Compressor did Kris have?

Hey Guys, During the first session for the novice group, I missed most of it because I had 10PSI in my back tire...*CENSORSHIP* I went to N2 Tent and I saw Kris and he had this powder blue square device that had jumper cables and an air compressor. I was able to pump air into my tires and it...
  3. tujabro

Side fairing still scratched up...will I pass tech?

Howdy all, I'm replacing a brake lever and an end bar from my small crash at Road Atlanta last month. With a crazy schedule the past 3 weeks, it hit me that I didn't replace the right fairing. Its scratched up but nothing is loose. Here is a photo. To all you vets will I pass? Tujabro...
  4. tujabro

Question regarding my low side at Turn 7 at Road ATL [Video]

Howdy all I got the video from a rider who was behind me when I went down at Turn 7 during the rain. Before I seen the video I was told I had to much lean angle when I rolled the throttle and the bike got away from me. While looking at this, I think that I had enough contact patch when I...
  5. tujabro

First N2 Track experience at Road Atlanta on July 4th... 2 THUMBS UP

On July 4th I my first Track Day experience with N2 (2nd track day experience). I have to say thanks to all the folks that answered my questions on this message board, and to the N2 staff at ATL on the 4th. I don't remember all the names but here goes thanks to: Lenny who said I tucked my arms...
  6. tujabro

How many session on a typical track day?

Howdy all This weekend I'll be at Road Atlanta for the July 4th track day. Reading how there are 20 min. sessions per class. Is it safe to say that the novice class will have 6 or 7 on the track (pending weather, accidents, etc)?
  7. tujabro

Prep Question - Headlight unplugged and fairing bolt

Howdy all I am just about done with my prep work for Road Atlanta. I have removed my front turn signals and unplugged my head lights. Should i try and zip tie the hanging wires or just leave them hanging? Also for anyone that has a CBR, there is the bolt/screw that fastens the fairing...
  8. tujabro

Question about brake pads (Not Brand New)

Howdy all I have another question as I'm prepping my bike. About a year and half ago I did my first track day at (Learning Curves Racing School). I put brand new bake pads on my bike. I was told to always replace brake pads after every time on the track. From looking at the pads I think I...
  9. tujabro

Tires for track day (not brand new)

Howdy all I'm getting ready for my second track day and I have already spent a lot of ca$h already. I have tires on the i'm taking to the track, but to be honest, I'm not trying to pay for a new set of tires, if I don't have to. I have heard a lot of different info on what could be...
  10. tujabro

New member in GA

Howdy all I'm to N2 and will be attending my second track day at Road Atlanta during the July 4th weekend. I moved here from central IL and in 2013 I completed the Learning Curves Racing School at Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit, IL I'm looking forward to having my bike at Road Atlanta next...