Search results

1. MoerachR3

Question about working on my bike

I had a blast at Barber’s this year (my first track day). Now I’m building up my garage so I’m better able to be ready for the next track day. What do you guys use to lift your bikes to make it easier on old backs to work? I’m proud to say that i have a fair amount of life experience, but my...
  2. MoerachR3

Barber 2018... my first track day; General questions

Excellent! Not having to leave a trailer and equipment overnight in a motel parking lot is a huge weight off of my mind!
  3. MoerachR3

That’s honestly what I was most afraid of - the overnight at the motel. Knowing that I can set up the day before is comforting. I might be able to actually sleep that night!
  4. MoerachR3

Fantastic. I’m not sure where I read that tech inspection was different at Barber’s, but I’m happy to be mistaken. Do people leave their bikes and trailers overnight there? Thanks for the info! I look forward to meeting everyone :)
  5. MoerachR3

Hi all! So this year’s Barber event will be my very first track day, and there’s a good chance that I’ll be going it alone. I need to start getting prepared, so I’m hoping that I can get some input on the following questions: 1) Hotels? Anyone have any preferences or recommendations? 2) Is...
  6. MoerachR3

General Q about starting membership

Thank you both... I’ll get on it promptly then ;)
  7. MoerachR3

General Q about starting membership

Hi all, I want to attend the fall Barber’s date (the one with the demo), but I also want to make the most of the annual membership (why join July - July if I know I won’t be able to attend anything before the November date). Should I wait until a little later to get the membership started or...
  8. MoerachR3

New old person from Tennessee

Thanks everyone!!! Your words are putting my mind at ease - I’ve been a little afraid of a destructively competitive environment. Now I’m getting a bit more excited! We visited Barber’s museum about 4 years ago and I remember looking through the windows and thinking “Damn. That looks like fun”...
  9. MoerachR3

I’m over in Chattanooga. I don’t think I’ll be able to do YCRS now, but thanks for the info - I didn’t even know about them. I’m just looking to dip my toes in so that I can learn more... I’m doing the same for my dirt skills.
  10. MoerachR3

Awesome. Thanks for the info :)
  11. MoerachR3

Hi everyone! Looking to improve basic techniques and practice skills that will help to keep me safe on the road. Before I do any track days (which I am VERY nervous about but am determined to do), I’m going to have to make some investments. My main question: Rental suits. How much are they and...