Search results

1. Scb762

Reading tire wear

I could have sworn Dave Moss has said the opposite because you’re coasting on the side but maybe I am mistaken. Guess I have more research to do lol
  2. Scb762

Reading tire wear

It’s a new penske rear shock, i put on for this year. It has 2 track days on it
  3. Scb762

Reading tire wear

Bike/tire specs: Sv650, pirelli 160/60 SC1, hot pressure 26psi Red arrow point to the problem Green arrow indicates direction of rotation This is the rear tire of my track bike. There’s rubber build up on the forward edge of the hole and I can’t seem to find a DMT video to help me diagnose...
  4. Scb762

Comfortable in the rain?

Idk why i had sunday on the brain. Monday looks excellent! Hopefully see you there. I normally park near tech/pit-in so i don’t have to ride around the garages or get yelled at for cutting past the classroom lol
  5. Scb762

Comfortable in the rain?

Yeah, i’ll be there Monday. For some reason i had Sunday in my head lol
  6. Scb762

Comfortable in the rain?

Good chance NJMP will be wet on Sunday. Any tips to stay some-what comfortable? I have spare boots and gloves to change into if it dries up. Definitely bringing my clear shield. I’d appreciate it if anyone has some other feedback
  7. Scb762

Critique my plan…

Holy crap.. 10-4
  8. Scb762

Critique my plan…

I am not trying to overthink this. But i am still trying to wrap my head around a few new concepts. FWIW: Intermediate group Track bike: 2005 sv650 with OEM forks (springs/fluid for track days) and penske shock Tires: SC1 front and rear My plan for the morning at Pitt this weekend is to set...
  9. Scb762

Slick tire tech

Noob question here.. when will a slick no longer pass tech? When the little hole is worn off? Or do i need to measure it new and run it until it’s 50%, like the manual says?
  10. Scb762

Adjusting Suspension

Awesome, thank you. What tracks are you normally at? I live in in south-central PA so i stick to Pitt, NJMP, and Summit
  11. Scb762

Adjusting Suspension

Thanks! I’ll definitely pick some brains at the track
  12. Scb762

Adjusting Suspension

I have a local performance shop that can set it up. But that does me no-good at the track when you’re, basically, your own crew chief/pit crew, etc. I’m looking to get a solid understanding of how to make adjustments, so that I can confidently make them on the fly without someone holding my hand
  13. Scb762

Adjusting Suspension

Hope everyone’s winter projects are coming along well! I’ve been slowly building my sv650 track bike. I’ll be running OEM forks with springs and fluid and i bought a brand new penske rear shock from MRP (the rear shock was my buy once cry once purchase) Anyhow, do you know of any good...
  14. Scb762

WTB gen2 SV650 parts

I’m looking for good/serviceable condition parts for my 2005 SV650 track build Most notably: Levers Rearsets Bodywork Front wheel ***NO suspension parts needed, I have a set up picked out already Closer to Harrisburg, PA the better
  15. Scb762

SV650 Front Tire Size

Picked up a 2005 SV650S to turn into a track bike. The OEM front tire size is a 120/60 Pirelli makes the SC1 in 120/60 but it’s hard to find. I have read of people using a 120/70 and just lowering the forks to compensate for the taller tire. Does anyone have some personal experience on this...
  16. Scb762

Track bike choices

Awesome!
  17. Scb762

Track bike choices

I’m a decent intermediate rider and I really like the smaller bikes. My R3 is just a little too underpowered. So, i’m considering ninja 400s (naturally) or sv650s. ***My dilemma is: I’m afraid to go TOO small if I get good enough for A-group. So, what is the smallest ***practical*** bike...
  18. Scb762

Fork seals

No scratches on the tube. It’s a stock 2003 R1 with 10,000 miles before i bought it. I had Karns Performance set up the stock suspension for the track. I did a week-long trip at the tail of the dragon, then made it track-only. It has 2 track days on it and the clock is at 10,500 miles. I...
  19. Scb762

Tire warmer question

I’m running novice group and don’t bother with my tire warmers but with track day next week (10/8) at PittRace, should I run my warmers on my DOT tires (Q3s or Rosso3 - depending on which bike I use) just to help with the colder temps?
  20. Scb762

Fork seals

I’m new to bike tech. I have a fork seal that leaves a very light coating when it is compressed and rebounds. I will get them rebuilt over the winter but I have 2 track days left. Is that “safe”? Would it pass tech? I’m in novice group