Search results

1. domarena33

The parallel twin take over

I'm a huge lover of V-twins in both sportbikes and cruisers but it seems the time of V-twins is over. The GSX-8R, the KTM 990 RC and the R7 to name a few. Yamaha even killed the R6 in a move to an inline triple (supposedly the R9) because of Euro 4 or 5 standards. I believe this twins change up...
  2. domarena33

Track Day / Racing Checklist

Hey everyone. I was extremely lucky to be able to have a one-on-one conversation with Cameron Beabuier this weekend. While we were chatting, he stressed the importance of inspecting your bike technically, especially when you don't have a nationally renowned team with extremely skilled...
  3. domarena33

WTB 2007 CBR600RR wheels (front & rear)

Moving to Slicks and need extra wheels. Anyone selling?
  4. domarena33

High End DOT or time for slicks

Hey guys and gals. Ran Q5's this weekend at NCBike and burned my rear up pretty good, even with a bazazz traction control module. Im assuming the next step up in grip is slicks but I've also been eyeing the Bridgestone R11's as I'm not looking to chew through more than 1 rear a weekend. So...
  5. domarena33

Thank you N2!

I wanted to really put out a heartfelt thank you to this community. I had an outstanding time this weekend at NCBike and I was finally allowed to have my moment. I took 14 seconds off my PR yesterday and got the final bump! Alot of you may not know me and that's because I just started this. 11...
  6. domarena33

Top Speeds at Road Atlanta (600cc SuperSport)

I ran Road Atlanta this past weekend with my new to me CBR600RR; the bike is decked out, race ready and an absolute missile. With some contacts and paperwork that came with the bike, a close NEMRR Expert friend of mine tracked it back to 4 possible previous owners. 2 of which were Eric Wood and...
  7. domarena33

No Summit Point for WERA this year...

Just reviewing the WERA schedule to find out that no region will be racing this year at SP. Everyone remember how we couldn't get track days there until just recently? Anyone have the deets on SP?
  8. domarena33

Roebling Road 3/9 - 3/10

Hey everyone, I'm super pumped about this weekend as I'm sure many of you are. This is my 1st time at RR and i'm sure there's more people than just me that have never been here. Does anyone have the gate details / hours this weekend? Also, if anyone knows anything specific to RRR that a newcomer...
  9. domarena33

Motorcycle Insurance (Off Track)

I (like probably many of you here), have multiple bikes and most of them don't see the street. I'd like to have the bikes covered in my dwelling regardless. My homeowner's insurance won't cover the motorcycles that exist in my garage (even though it's attached to my house). The company that...
  10. domarena33

Homestead and Salt?

For all of you that went to Homestead, was your bike covered in salt? I'm trying to figure out where it all came from :'(
  11. domarena33

Define "Squid"

I've been on two wheels for 22 years but only recently (since last year) been involved in the track day community. I've seen the term "squid" coming up on social media a lot. I've never heard this before. Is it a track thing? I feel out of the loop. I saw something about it possibly being...
  12. domarena33

Tips and unforeseen things for camping at a track

Hi everyone. I'm hitting Homestead-Miami in January for the entire weekend and I've never stayed overnight at a track. What are somethings you wish you knew to bring or do your first time overnighting at a track?
  13. domarena33

Methodologies to Start Racing

Im hoping to specifically get some feedback from WERA expert guys and gals, maybe even some prior or current moto america race participants on the small chance they are on here and see this post. I'm posting this as my 1st trackday season is at its end. I know a former WERA expert level racer...
  14. domarena33

Bridgestone Track Day Chart

Hey guys and gals, posting this for everyone's knowledge. Hopefully someone can pull something from it! - Dominick
  15. domarena33

Let's talk about using the rear brake

Hi everyone. I haven't seen anyone discussing this. I have heard quite a bit of varied opinions about the rear brake. One person may not even look at it while on track, other people will use it and are effective at using it. If you use it, why? When? Can I scrub speed with it mid corner? If so...
  16. domarena33

Bad body position or time for new tires? Looking for advice

I'm tracking a 2006 SV650 with continental contimotion tires just because that's what the bike came with. I do plan on fitting a pair of hypersports in the near future. These contimotion tires are described as sport touring economy tires and I'd imagine they're on the harder side when it comes...
  17. domarena33

New Member / Tech. Inspection for chain

Hey everyone, I'm Dominick. I'm new with N2 and track days. I'll be riding next Sunday at NCBike and want to make sure my chain tension is right. Right now, I've got a bit under 2 inches of slack, unloaded, on my 06' SV650. Chain is in good condition. I figured this may be a bit much travel but...