Search results

1. orionburn

Indy Moto GP ticket for sale

Have a friend that wrecked her bike so she's not going to be able to make it to the race this weekend. Told her I would try and sell off her ticket to get some of her money back. It's a regular general admission 3-day pass. Comes with the discount coupons for the gift shops, VIP motorcycle...
  2. orionburn

Gingerman pics!

Thanks so much for all the work you two put into doing that for us! :adore: Not only is it cool to have pictures to show friends/family, but it's really helpful too. I thought I was doing plenty to hang off the bike but your shots show how much more I need to adjust my position. If you make...
  3. orionburn

Post gingerman: this is going to be one of my regular tracks now

lol....I was thinking the exact same thing :notsure:
  4. orionburn

What to do Shortly when your not at the track

Cool....looks like it'll be good. I think the last edition of MotoGP that I bought was the 2006 edition (back on the regular Xbox). Wonder how SBK stacks up against the newer GP games. Btw...love the sig. Probably my favorite line from Die Hard :haha:
  5. orionburn

2 piece leathers full circumference zipper?

Don't know if you still need any info on this, but try looking into a Harley/cruiser dealership as well for getting the zipper done. Lot of those places will have a guy on hand that does leather repairs. I took my pants & jacket to a cruiser shop and the guy got the zipper put in in around 20...
  6. orionburn

First track day - Beaverun Aug 17th - A few questions

I agree with what TT said about going up the night before and camping out. I just did my first track day at Gingerman this past Saturday. To be honest it was fun as hell waking up in the morning and seeing everybody get up and gathering up their gear & bikes. I'll never get into full-on racing...
  7. orionburn

I finally managed to get one video cut down last night - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVLKHF-8XCk Definitely not my best laps, but screw it! Still had a great time. Watching the videos I took is killing me since I doubt I'll be able to make it out to another track this year. :( But the...
  8. orionburn

Was Matt the guy that was going to be taking pictures over the weekend? Met so many people this weekend I can't keep the names straight. Was hoping they'd have a chance soon to post up some pics from the weekend.
  9. orionburn

I posted some pics in the roll-call thread earlier this morning if anybody is interested. Want to say thanks again to all you CRs (especially Steve - #28) and for all the help you guys gave. The family had a really good time on Saturday and we'll definitely be coming back for the full weekend...
  10. orionburn

Gingerman august 9-10

Little late in joining in on the roll call. Was so busy last week getting the bikes ready that I haven't visited many forums lately. I was on the blue FZR1000, #78. Only made it for Saturday and of course at the end of the day I wished I had signed up for Sunday as well. First time out on a...
  11. orionburn

Two bikes at one track?

I'm hoping to resolve the issue entirely before I get up there. For all I know it may simply have been spilled oil that is slowly making it's way down. The FZR is a pain in the arse to get oil into and have gotten oil on the block on more than one occasion. The Bandit is more of my daily rider...
  12. orionburn

Two bikes at one track?

Awesome...thanks for the info guys. Can't wait to get up there and get going.
  13. orionburn

ANOTHER painting question

The quality of how the actual paint will look all depends on the work you put into prepping it. My dad used to work part time at a paint shop and the guy that owned it cut me a deal on the price since I helped do a lot of the prepwork. We sanded it down to the plastic, although it isn't a must...
  14. orionburn

Two bikes at one track?

Hi all. Doing my first track day on August 8th at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan. I have two bikes and have been trying to decide which one to bring. I have a 1987 FZR1000 and a 2003 Bandit 1200. I'm comfortable on both bikes so that isn't an issue. The FZR has a very slow oil leak that I'm...