Search results

1. A

Motards

My point was that no one (to my knowledge) made any complaints about an orange motard causing a dangerous situation. In fact, what I saw was a guy running quite well with packs of other bikes. He used his advantage by keeping that thing at top speed in the turns, powering out of the turns then...
  2. A

Motards

So how can you have 5 and 6 wide coming down a straight with all of them still being online? And for the record, a tard doesn't need the same race line as a traditional sportbike. I have no problem hugging the inside of most turns with that thing.
  3. A

Motards

OK, this is your club and you set the rules. Can't argue the underling reason, I wish more clubs would focus more on safety. Just want a few questions answered by someone from NESBA (directors) and I'll let it go. 1)With the argument of top speed capability being the deciding factor, why are...
  4. A

Question for those who've ran at Thunderbolt

My Aprilia 250 would struggle to reach 120. How does that fair so much better than a tard' doing 110? I've had more close calls with running into the back of big bikes on the 250 that I've even had with passing a motard on a track. No engine braking is some scary shit when the guy in front of...
  5. A

Sorry, but if you have a 40ft. wide straight, not everyone is going to line up NASCAR style on 2 feet of track. People take different positions on the straight, especially in the slower groups. All i'm saying is that slower bikes tend to position themselves more to the right (in the case of...
  6. A

Thunderbolt Video

OK, I see one chicane that wasn't used (after the straight), but what about the other one? Tough to get my pea brain wrapped the track map and the video at the same time:notsure: This is probably the best on track video I've seen of Thunderbolt. Probably cause it wasn't downgraded to U-Tube...
  7. A

Let rephrase this. On the straights, there's not aways a defined 'race line' cause let's face it, you can pretty much be where you want to be after you leave the turn. But with most tracks, there's generally one area where bikes like to be. At Lightning, this was generally the left side of the...
  8. A

Why choose NESBA?

One difference that I've noticed is the cost. I've ran with 4 different clubs this year at NJMP, and by far NESBA was the cheapest. I know that's not something that should be a deal maker, but I mean the cost difference is fairly significant. The most I've paid was $215 for Lightning date from...
  9. A

Marco Melandri confirms Kawasaki switch

Ducati should have gone after Dovizioso, but I believe he's dedicated to Honda. WAY more potential than Hayden in the short and long term. I'm not a fan of HRC, but man they're going to be unstoppable next year. Assuming Michelin get's its act together and Yamaha gets complacent. I don't see...
  10. A

So i guess we should be running a radar gun and clocking riders on the track and clocking riders top speeds on the straights? After all, if you're not running over 120 then you're a liability, correct? Anyone who's ridden a slower top speed bike (motard, 250, 125, 500, etc.) knows that you...
  11. A

Looking for 2 (I) spots for NJMP for Aug 25th - Thanks!

Got an I spot for Thunderbolt available for this Wednesday. Seized wheel bearing is keeping me from going :-(
  12. A

So I guess you're banning Aprilia 250s, for mine used to top out at 115 with major effort. And are 125s out of the picture as well as any 500 or stock SV650? I have a friend (and fellow NESBA member) with a MZ Scorpion 550. I guess I should tell him to start looking for another club to ride...
  13. A

NJMP I group 4 sale: Aug. 20th Wednesday.

I have an Intermediate group spot for sale for this Wednesday at the new Thunderbolt track. Had the joy of seized rear wheel bearing on my 675, so that bike is out of commission for the week. please e mail rich at dragonflyinteractive dot com
  14. A

Um, which track are you referring to? There were quite a few motards in the Intermediate group that held their own quite well on the Lightning track. I think you need to consider the type of bike and the ability of the rider. I've had more issues with liter bikes parking it in the turns that any...
  15. A

Faster than Lightning? In the turns that is. I've ran at Lightning and BeaveRun without issues. Just not the fastest bike on the straights. I'll just be in the NESBA Intermediate group for Thunderbolt, not Advanced.
  16. A

Summit Main Track Condition?

Surprised no one mentions having gravel thrown at their helmets/bikes as being a major issue at Summit. Saw someone's bike that just ran last week at Summit; radiator was all F'd up with gravel logged in the fins. Another had a belly pan full of gravel. Can't imagine what that'll do to your...
  17. A

For those who have been there, how would you rate that track for a 450 Husky Motard? I got a fried rear bearing and bent axle on my 675, so that's going to be out of commission for a week at least :-( Would like to still make it out there next Wednesday on teh Superretard, but not if I'm...
  18. A

2hrs 15mins Hotel or Wake Up Early?

Pocono used to be a little over 2 hours for me. getting there was never the problem, for you're excited about going. The ride home afterwards that was the tough part, especially on hot days.