10/6 - 10/7 Beaver Run Registration?

tdelegram

Control Rider
Anyone know why you can't register for beaver run on October 6 & 7? Rather than a check box for selecting there is an icon of a page of paper???

tdelegram

Control Rider
WTF! 2 beaver events cancled in the same season, I will participate in the future only under protest! Any specific reason it was called off?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
My guess is that attendance has been down since NJMP opened. I understand they can't lose money, but I'm hoping that the opening of the new course there will attract riders again. I really hope BeaveRun stays on the schedule next year, even if it's for a less number of weekends. It is absolutely one of my favorite tracks.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I am not a logistics expert, but I am sure there is a way to schedule 4 tracks per month without causing conflicts on the same weekends where 2 tracks are cannibalizing members. Just a thought, since Beav was on the schedule it should stay and deal with the scheduling issues next year. No need to make us Pittsburghers an that drive to NJMP for the last event of the season!

tdelegram

Control Rider
I wonder if we can use this thread as a sort of petition to get the date reinsstated, any Directors care to weigh in here, is teh cancelation a definate at this point? Not that i doubt you Jeff, but if i can make you wrong here we all win on the track.

Ducati Pete

jeff15;253498 wrote: It's been canceled
Yep, I have an issue with this also. It's what I, along with many others, will be calling my home track. I joined NESBA because Beave was so heavily scheduled and a place I can make regularly.

The bigger issue, if Beave continues to be canceled, no new area members are going to join up and ultimately Da Beave will become a thing of the past......... along with its area members and potential new members.

I market my products and there is little doubt, there is a cost in gaining customers. Once the customer is secured, the cost to retain them is little. It costs money to establish new clients, even at track events and with the new North track going in as we speak, I feel it's a poor choice to pull out continually. I joined 45 days ago and Beave has now been cancelled twice already. I find this really interesting as Pittsburgh metropolis is the 20th largest in the country. I find it hard to believe that any serious marketing attempt has been established on NESBA's part to secure this area. It should be a slam dunk with ease and at low cost in comparison to more competitive arenas. Obviously, I am too ignorant to the sportbike riding marketplace to make these calls but I find it hard to believe this area has been marketed as well as it should.

Mark my words......... as the new track comes into play, the likes of TPM will step up to the plate, market the shit out of the area and suck up all the new memberships. Nesbians can kiss the Beave Goodbye.

Just my humble opinion.
Pete

dbarufaldi

Canceled with more than thirty days to go??? Must be to avoid a late fee :)

Too bad, I was planning to make this happen.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Ducati Pete;253557 wrote: Yep, I have an issue with this also. It's what I, along with many others, will be calling my home track. I joined NESBA because Beave was so heavily scheduled and a place I can make regularly.

The bigger issue, if Beave continues to be canceled, no new area members are going to join up and ultimately Da Beave will become a thing of the past......... along with its area members and potential new members.

I market my products and there is little doubt, there is a cost in gaining customers. Once the customer is secured, the cost to retain them is little. It costs money to establish new clients, even at track events and with the new North track going in as we speak, I feel it's a poor choice to pull out continually. I joined 45 days ago and Beave has now been cancelled twice already. I find this really interesting as Pittsburgh metropolis is the 20th largest in the country. I find it hard to believe that any serious marketing attempt has been established on NESBA's part to secure this area. It should be a slam dunk with ease and at low cost in comparison to more competitive arenas. Obviously, I am too ignorant to the sportbike riding marketplace to make these calls but I find it hard to believe this area has been marketed as well as it should.

Mark my words......... as the new track comes into play, the likes of TPM will step up to the plate, market the shit out of the area and suck up all the new memberships. Nesbians can kiss the Beave Goodbye.

Just my humble opinion.
Pete
You've hit the nail on the head. No marketing efforts. None. The Beave is an awesome track, and improvements have been made. More are coming, the new course has been cleared. You'd think there would be riders out that way who would attend, even if only at the Beave with NESBA, since there is a $25 membership option.

It would be a shame to have that track permanently removed from the schedule.

I know they are looking into getting dates at the new track in NY. That's nice, but I'd still like to see the Beave on the schedule next year. Not that anyone really cares what I think. I've been riding that track since it opened in 2002. If it goes away, I'll have to find another club that is running it.

avizpls

#11-A
HondaGalToo;253565 wrote: . I've been riding that track since it opened in 2002. If it goes away, I'll have to find another club that is running it.
ditto that. This whole thing just stinks.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
avizpls;253572 wrote: ditto that. This whole thing just stinks.
The thing that got me started riding with NESBA, ironically, is that they had more dates at BeaveRun than the club I was riding with. I really like da Beave, and wanted to ride it more often than May (it was mem day weekend, which I can never do) and Oct (I don't usually ride anywhere in Oct). NESBA was the only club that had June, July, Aug, Sept to choose from. So I signed up for my first NESBA day at BeaveRun, July 2007. I was immediately impressed with the club, stopped riding with my other club, and started riding exclusively with NESBA.

All because they had lots of BeaveRun dates.

I make the trip out usually 2-3 weekends per season. It's worth the 6-7 hour drive to me. I enjoy it that much.

R1Baby

Control Rider
All because they had lots of BeaveRun dates.

I make the trip out usually 2-3 weekends per season. It's worth the 6-7 hour drive to me. I enjoy it that much.

I agree. I am 80 minutes from Summit which should be my home track. I consider Beaver Run my home track, always had the best time there, learned the most there and the track and staff got me to where I am today.

It appears that other members do not feel the same way, not that I have numbers to support this, but I believe the majority of our members are from the NorthEast and would rather go to NJMP since the drive is shorter. NJMP and Summit also have power which is probably also a factor. And after looking at the event schedule for the track, it appears that NESBA is the only motorcycle organization booking there, TPM is no longer there.

Not sure when the South track will be completed, but maybe that will bring back the spark to Beaver Run that has been missing lately.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
R1Baby;253577 wrote: Not sure when the South track will be completed, but maybe that will bring back the spark to Beaver Run that has been missing lately.
I sure hope so. Trackdays without some Beave would be no good at all.
Some may have stopped because the track is showing it's age and is pretty bumpy. The new course will be great, and I really hope they repave North. Hopefully that'll bring the interest level up.

I thought other orgs weren't going anymore. I guess with the economy, less folks travel. I still find it hard to believe that there aren't enough folks living out in that area who, with some marketing, would fill the Beave dates.

fitz

Simply put, if NESBA stopped having dates at Beaverun or didn't have enough, I would stop riding.

Beaverun is my home track, NESBA is my track family.

kbonigut

total bummer

This would really stink, NESBA pulled the plug on the midwest (where we had a great great group) and I stayed a member just to ride with my favorite organization twice a year, having to drive from Chicago. To me the drive didnt matter i got to ride with Nesba and hook up with my cousin and good friend, who are fellow Nesbians at a favorite track. If Nesba pulls out on the Beav someone else will pick up the dates I am sure, but it wont be the same and I wont make it out again. Too bad, I will miss people telling me to stop being such a puss going into T1. Hope this is all just conjecture and the Beav is back for next year.

twnorton

I new to the whole TD experience but i'd like to throw this out there. I live seven minutes away from the beave, I would hate to see NESBA pull out of the beave as my next closest track would be NJMP. As others have said, if NESBA does pull out of the beave, some other group such as TPM will move in and it will be a shame.

Dave561

Control Rider
At what point did Nesba announce never running at Beaverun? A lot of assumptions. The average high temps are below 70 in Oct for this area and typically has very low attendence. That could be a good reason why its being cancelled. Add the fact that less than 5 were scheduled a month out and I would bet that sealed the decision. I don't participate in these decisions, but let's not jump to the doom and gloom assumptions.