10/6 - 10/7 Beaver Run Registration?

sSalopek

Control Rider
Director
dbarufaldi;253804 wrote: Boys and Girls, TALK IS CHEAP.....

I am stating for the record...open up registration, and I will register for those days.

WHO ELSE WILL COMMIT? Seems like the easiest "resolution"

Dan B
I'd be in for both days! Would be a great way to end the season out!! :cheers:

R1Baby

Control Rider
dbarufaldi;253834 wrote: TODD...please consider reopening reg. and posting up that you did....
It is not up to Todd, higher calling makes the decisions. Local folks, see what you can do to stir the pot to invite folks up,

03bueller

Control Rider
I think one of the keys is to register earlier for the events, I know the late registration fee doesn't kick in until 2 weeks before, but if you want to go you should be registering well in advance to ensure that the NESBA leadership knows there is enough interest in the event. I know not everyone can plan their season out when the schedule is first posted but early registration helps I'm sure.

Mr.DJ

Todd is spot on with his post. We just completed a 1 or 2 large bike nights in the area. I think 1200 riders attended. Todd has the details on that.

I will work with Todd, Kub and the rest of the directors (it affects us all) on our options and see what we can do about pushing out the deadline for a Go/No Go on this event and opening up registration. There is no doubt, if registrations = cost of event, game on! This has been an investment track for years now. Other venues pay for Beave.

For 2013, Beave will not be removed from our tour, but we MAY have to reduce the frequency until it sustains itself or other track are ultra-successful.

Todd or I will post the conclusion.

Your rally in this thread has us reevaluating our approach.

Thanks
DJ

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Mr.DJ;253891 wrote: Todd is spot on with his post. We just completed a 1 or 2 large bike nights in the area. I think 1200 riders attended. Todd has the details on that.

I will work with Todd, Kub and the rest of the directors (it affects us all) on our options and see what we can do about pushing out the deadline for a Go/No Go on this event and opening up registration. There is no doubt, if registrations = cost of event, game on! This has been an investment track for years now. Other venues pay for Beave.

For 2013, Beave will not be removed from our tour, but we MAY
have to reduce the frequency until it sustains itself or other track are ultra-successful.

Todd or I will post the conclusion.

Your rally in this thread has us reevaluating our approach.

Thanks
DJ
This is great to hear! Although I can't make October, I am very happy to hear the Beave will be on the schedule next year! If you have to reduce the frequency, cut out April.

I love the Beave and am looking forward to them completing the south course. I usually make the trek 2-3 times a season.

Mr.DJ

Hi Judy,

That is great feedback. However, by the numbers, April was the second best event to July. In 2011, Aug was the worse performing event.

Balancing duel events and other event going on will help a ton. Do dont have control of what weekends are provided most of the time. Then you have to see whats offered from other tracks. It is not abnormal to get three tracks on the same weekend a few times.

DJ

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Mr.DJ;253900 wrote: Hi Judy,

That is great feedback. However, by the numbers, April was the second best event to July. In 2011, Aug was the worse performing event.

Balancing duel events and other event going on will help a ton. Do dont have control of what weekends are provided most of the time. Then you have to see whats offered from other tracks. It is not abnormal to get three tracks on the same weekend a few times.

DJ
April? Go figure. I'll chalk that up to everyone being sick of winter and wanting to start the season! Me, I spent too many Aprils at Pocono in the cold, sleet, snow, rain. I wait till May these days, LOL.

Yeah, Aug this year had the Beave and NJMP on the same weekend, as of course you know. The Beave will always lose out then. (I actually was going to go to the Beave that weekend even thought it's 3x as far for me). I'm surprised an Aug date would be the worst, unless it coincided with something else in 2011, too. And yeah, I know you guys don't have much control over what weekends the track gives you. I'd say the Beave dates shouldn't coincide with NJMP or Summit if at all possible.

Thanks for keeping it on the schedule for next year.

Mr.DJ

Let's see what Beave can do for us with terms first. I see 10 folks ready to sign up. We will need 3-4X that amount to justify the expense.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I have seen threads like this before, where the few die hard loyalst are "all in" and really want to help the club salvage an event or in the past, a region. But the operative word is in BOLD.

We want hope, but not false hope. The Directors feedback and Beave's terms will dictate our next steps.

Thanks

Ducati Pete

Mr.DJ;253912 wrote: Let's see what Beave can do for us with terms first. I see 10 folks ready to sign up. We will need 3-4X that amount to justify the expense.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I have seen threads like this before, where the few
die hard loyalst are "all in" and really want to help the club salvage an event or in the past, a region. But the operative word is in BOLD.

We want hope, but not false hope. The Directors feedback and Beave's terms will dictate our next steps.

Thanks
Hello DJ,

Nice to meet you and thanks for coming to the forum with the bigger story. Is it at all realistic to open up registration and make us put our money where our mouth is? And, then lay it on the line that NESBA needs 35 riders (or whatever number) registered for each day to make the event happen? Give the registration numbers a time line as per your cancellation agreements with Pitt, etc... Ask us to make it happen and we will do what we can do see it through. Maybe start a new thread with "Nesbians: Make It Happen at Da Beave" or ????? to get better viewability on the board.

Thanks again,
Pete

tdelegram

Control Rider
Pete,

Good call, if we know the number we can shake the trees a little. I am throwing this next suggestion out at my own personal peril, i would not be adverse to paying $10 to $20 bucks more per day to stay local, and that is in addition to my premier membership!

R1Baby

Control Rider
Mr.DJ;253912 wrote: Let's see what Beave can do for us with terms first. I see 10 folks ready to sign up. We will need 3-4X that amount to justify the expense.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I have seen threads like this before, where the few
die hard loyalst are "all in" and really want to help the club salvage an event or in the past, a region. But the operative word is in BOLD.

Thanks
DJ
I have been doing some research on local bike shops in the area and also in Cleveland since that is less than 2 hours away. Could we possible generate flyers to send to these shops to promote the event? Not sure if there are any legal issues with that idea.

Chris

Ducati Pete

R1Baby;253937 wrote: DJ
I have been doing some research on local bike shops in the area and also in Cleveland since that is less than 2 hours away. Could we possible generate flyers to send to these shops to promote the event? Not sure if there are any legal issues with that idea.

Chris

Great idea Chris,

Better yet..... to a degree. I'm an hour and half away from Pittsburgh and may be willing to call and visit shops and organizations you think are most promising. If anyone knows of any good bike rallies heavy in Sportbikes, I and maybe others like Tom, AVIS, etc... could visit. Maybe even haul a bike or two to the events. Both AVIS and I have track prepped bikes which should draw a bit of a crowd.

Just a thought. Would need some guidance in this area from others who have done it before.
Pete

bacolmm

dbarufaldi;253804 wrote: Boys and Girls, TALK IS CHEAP.....

I am stating for the record...open up registration, and I will register for those days.

WHO ELSE WILL COMMIT? Seems like the easiest "resolution"

Dan B
I'll sign up for Sunday as soon as registration is re-opened. Will do Saturday as well if my schedule permits.

bacolmm

Ducati Pete;253941 wrote: Great idea Chris,

Better yet..... to a degree. I'm an hour and half away from Pittsburgh and may be willing to call and visit shops and organizations you think are most promising. If anyone knows of any good bike rallies heavy in Sportbikes, I and maybe others like Tom, AVIS, etc... could visit. Maybe even haul a bike or two to the events. Both AVIS and I have track prepped bikes which should draw a bit of a crowd.

Just a thought. Would need some guidance in this area from others who have done it before.
Pete
Quaker Steak and Lube and Cycle Gear have regular bike nights. I'm sure the turn out is cruiser heavy, but most likely a lot of sport bikes as well...

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/life/pittsburgh-rides/bike-night-unofficial-start-to-the-season-244627/

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/regionalEvents/regionalEvents.cfm&displayRegionalEventsSearchResults=Y&var=d&ckey=US

Mr.DJ

R1Baby;253937 wrote: DJ

Chris
Great idea. If the Oct event doesn't work out, we should do this for future Beave events.

No word back from Beave. Monday will be the Go/No Go.

DJ