2005 Yamaha R6 track bike

SOLD!

It has come time for me and the old girl to part ways. Up for sale is my very well sorted, ready to track, well maintained 2005 Yamaha R6.

The bike was originally DJ Jackson's, who sold it to David Pullen, who sold it to me. If you know DJ or Dave, you'll know how well built and well maintained this bike is. Mid season last year I had a low speed "off track incident" at Barber; that was the only time in it's 21k miles that it's been down. I, to this day, still get crap about that from DJ and Dave.

After the off track incident, the transmission was rough shifting. I took it to Rick Matheny at RM Racing to get the entire engine and transmission rebuilt. If you know of Rick, then you know he only does absolute top quality work. He replaced everything that needed it, to the tune of $3400.

The bike is very well sorted and only needs a rider. I've had my fun but now it's time for something else. The friends I've made riding were worth the hassle, but the riding isn't anymore.

MSO in hand; it's never been titled but if you want to turn it back into a street bike, look elsewhere.

$3,500

If you are interested shoot me a PM, which will go to my email, and I'll get back with my phone if needed.

The bike is in Loganville, GA 30052.

What it has:
Front Suspension 20MM Ohlins kit
Rear Suspension Ohlins tuned for 160~ish pound rider
Dynojet Quick Shifter (GP Shift)
Vortex Rearsets
Woodcraft Clutch and Engine Covers
Akrapovic Exhaust
GPR steering damper
Motion-Pro 1/4 turn throttle
EBC Brake pads
New engine internals
New transmission guts
New Yoyodyne slipper clutch
Fully safety wired to WERA or A group specs.

Extras:
Extra set of wheels
(2) extra sets of bodywork
Extra brake pads
Oil filters, oil
Spare sprockets
Extra parts for 1/4 turn throttle
I'm sure there's more...

Negotiable: (aka full price and don't be annoying)
Rain tires, used a few times at Barber
211 GPA take offs

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

Yeah, at least for now. I've had my fun and met some good people, but it was more hassle than it was worth all of last year. I sat on the bike over the winter to be sure, but I made up my mind last fall really. I might be back later, but I'm traveling for work 4 out of 5 weeks, and it's just too much right now. There's no way I would get rid of the bike otherwise. I'll still make the RA days as a spectator :)

Spitzercr

My close friend is looking for some bodywork for his 03. Doesnt need to be perfect just sturdy in order to get it rolling. If your interested in parting a set please let me know.

Thanks and GLWS

stow

This bike is full of bad mojo. I would run from this as fast as you can.

Now if it doesn't sell, you have to come back and ride with us. You know you can't stay away. :D

Thanks Shane. You are responsible for the bad mojo you know... I blame you for the lowside. Then again, my left toe hurts and I need a haircut, which I also blame you for.

Tom

p.s. What's a missle :D Is that like a missile, only with bad mojo?

stow

What? You can't blame me for the bad mojo. I am sure it came from the Hope boys. :D

Missle? Umm, I have no idea, but someone stuck it in my signature. I should probably fix that. :eek:

stow

Here is my required bump for today. Someone buy this bike as it is a great deal. I rode this bike at Barber a year or so ago and I liked it a lot. The suspension and geometry is spot on. It is a very solid bike.

dpullen

I'll add my bump to the list. Somebody needs to buy this thing - I won races on this bike, it's able to do 1:36s at Barber, 1:21s at Jennings, 1:17s at Roebling...pretty quick for a less than recent bike!