2012 7x20 enclosed trailer - $5500

Meat

On trailer size and fuel mileage, what affects your milage the most is your total cross-sectional area (frontal area for truck and trailer). The more the trailer sticks out above and wider than your truck, the more power you must have to push it. The length of a trailer is a minor impact to fuel milage.

I would be surprised if a V-nose really affected fuel milage one way or the other. Your trailing edge is what is most important.

Look at the shape of an aircraft wing. If you take away the curvature to get lift you will have a bullnose (close to semi-circular in cross-section) and trails off to a point....very similar to the cross-section of a raindrop.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
So without getting all engineery, sorry Meat, basically all enclosed will get roughly the same mpg. Weight is more of a factor for stopping and length is more of a problem with pivotting and sway. This can be countered with heavier tow vehichles and sway control/ load leveling. Yes weight does facto in mpg but has minimal impact compared to frontal area

For example
AL 6x10 2000lbs 13mpg
8.5x20 6000lbs 12mpg
8.5x43 fifth wheel 18,000 lbs 9mpg

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Dave561;293731 wrote: So without getting all engineery, sorry Meat, basically all enclosed will get roughly the same mpg. Weight is more of a factor for stopping and length is more of a problem with pivotting and sway. This can be countered with heavier tow vehichles and sway control/ load leveling. Yes weight does facto in mpg but has minimal impact compared to frontal area

For example
AL 6x10 2000lbs 13mpg
8.5x20 6000lbs 12mpg
8.5x43 fifth wheel 18,000 lbs 9mpg
And that's exactly the reason I went with the biggest trailer I could find (And after everyone on NESBA said to get the biggest you can). Yes, initial cost of the tow rig/trailer is more than say a 5x8 enclosed trailer and some mid size SUV, but I also don't have to spend 3 hours packing everything perfect to get it to fit in the trailer, nor do I have to remove 100 things to get to something buried at the bottom.

j_fuggin_t

Otto Man;294751 wrote: Would be a great thing to go with your new white plates for next year! ;)
I put in for a quote on a new one local to me, distance is one thing I'm looking at in regards to fuel to come pick up + sales tax on registration. Ill pm ya once I find more out.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
j_fuggin_t;294770 wrote: I put in for a quote on a new one local to me, distance is one thing I'm looking at in regards to fuel to come pick up + sales tax on registration. Ill pm ya once I find more out.
I'd also be willing to meet up to a certain distance also...just let me know.

If anyone wants my phone number to chat about it, let me know and I'll give it to you and we'll go over anything you might have.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
mete basakinci;295625 wrote: How many bikes can fit in it
How far does the shelves come out
Where in virginia r u
Set up for 3 with the Pitbull TRS now. Can carry 4 if you installed another plate in it (With current arrangement). Obviously you can re arrange it and make it a pure bike carrier if you wanted. This set up allows you to carry 3 bikes, still be able to walk around, and have dedicated spots for all your trackside gear.

There aren't any shelves that pull out.

DC area.