3/1 Barber Canceled! No-show credit??

Ruhe52

DJ get that RV back to storage. Funny skied at Alta today and base was 54 deg peak was 38. We had warmer weather than you guys did. Sort of Fucked up but hey no such thing as global warming.

Davisjk

At least NESBA was smart enough to call it on sunday unlike the "other" group that still rode on sunday in 40 mph wind rain storm at 45 degrees with sand all over the track..KUDOS NESBA ........

Mr. Blindrider

Davisjk;39678 wrote: At least NESBA was smart enough to call it on sunday unlike the "other" group that still rode on sunday in 40 mph wind rain storm at 45 degrees with sand all over the track..KUDOS NESBA ........
Guess cheaper isn't always better.:poorguy:

JRA

Davisjk;39678 wrote: At least NESBA was smart enough to call it on sunday unlike the "other" group that still rode on sunday in 40 mph wind rain storm at 45 degrees with sand all over the track..KUDOS NESBA ........
You should have added "...and give everybody 100% credit in the process unlike the "other" group that still rode on sunday in 40 mph wind rain storm at 45 degrees with sand all over the track..KUDOS NESBA."

Don't forget that members get a lot of benefits for joining NESBA, and a rain out (or in this case "snow out") policy is just one of them. With most other organizations all you get for your membership fee is the benefit of getting to ride at their track days. NESBA is the best club out there and this just further proves it!:adore:

Landshark

Control Rider
Funny thing is DJ and Pfitzer were gone within seconds of the announcement. I bet DJ had the PA microphone in his truck driving up the hill.

tharkun

Deep.....

Barbers_20090301_9465_JPG.jpg

Mr.DJ

Landshark;39699 wrote: Funny thing is DJ and Pfitzer were gone within seconds of the announcement. I bet DJ had the PA microphone in his truck driving up the hill.

LOL!!!!

It was a time delayed recording
. I passed the Bass Pro Shop merging on to I20 by the time you heard it.

I thought to Blackberry it in the morning from home, but the damn RV makes it difficult to sneak out the paddock.

RCM78

Josh Whitehead;39747 wrote: Just curious, but does NESBA get a fund on the rental of the track or is that a cost NESBA has to eat.

Most likely they have insurance to help cover cost's.

aowens2

Mr.DJ;39736 wrote: LOL!!!!

It was a time delayed recording
. I passed the Bass Pro Shop merging on to I20 by the time you heard it.

I thought to Blackberry it in the morning from home, but the damn RV makes it difficult to sneak out the paddock.

I couldn't help but think "what the hell?!" these guys are about to hang till noon for this to clear up? You got me with the annoucment, you got me...

And as everyone else said, great organization:congrats:, glad to know the $200 will be put to good use.

Carlos Escobar

Bonobo;39757 wrote: Nope. They eat it for the members. :adore:
Yeah, i`m sure they lost all that money for the members. Thats a stupid business move if they did. Glad they take care of the members but am sure they had some type of ins.:popcorn:

JRA

Carlos Escobar;39771 wrote: Yeah, i`m sure they lost all that money for the members. Thats a stupid business move if they did. Glad they take care of the members but am sure they had some type of ins.:popcorn:

Whether we ride or not is the call of the directors the day of the event. NESBA has reserved and payed for the track and the corner workers, and the track is ours for the day regardless of whether we use it or not. There is no insurance policy that covers us in the event that we have to cancel.

Even though this is a huge cost that the club just has to absorb, I think it goes a long way towards reminding the members of what a great club this really is. The other track day organizations that are a for profit business won't even consider just canceling an event and giving everyone a 100% credit towards another track day.

This is why NESBA is a club
and a non profit organization. As a member you get a lot of benefits and this is just one of them. With other organizations you are a customer buying a service and they provide that service regardless of the weather.

The difference is crystal clear to me; hopefully many others will now have the same perspective as a result of Sunday.

PITZER

Just to clarify...Johnson and I were the last of the CR/Directors to leave, at 8:30am. Brown was the first, unless you count the MC/MW guys that rolled out at 8:30pm the night before...
As for the insurance for NESBA to cover cancellation of an event...There is none. We, NESBA, will suck up the cost. All we ask that you guys and gals make all of the other events for the rest of the year. The better turn out we get at the remaining events the easier it is to absorb the cost of the canceled event.

That just goes to show that NESBA is by far the best track day org. around. If I remember correctly barber is not the cheapiest track to rent and for NESBA to eat that for the members is just awesome. :adore: NESBA :congrats: