3/1 Barber Canceled! No-show credit??

zeus

Control Rider
PITZER;39790 wrote: Just to clarify...Johnson and I were the last of the CR/Directors to leave, at 8:30am. Brown was the first, unless you count the MC/MW guys that rolled out at 8:30pm the night before...
As for the insurance for NESBA to cover cancellation of an event...There is none. We, NESBA, will suck up the cost. All we ask that you guys and gals make all of the other events for the rest of the year. The better turn out we get at the remaining events the easier it is to absorb the cost of the canceled event.
We can smell snow coming 100 miles away so we know when to :eek:uttahere:. Thanks Pitzer for bringing out your best southeast weather for us mid west guys. Like I have not seen enough snow this year already.

If I remember correctly is around $15k per day just to rent the track not to mention all of the cost of hosting the track day itself. Barber is also the most expensive track to rent in the southeast.

Landshark

Control Rider
Brian, so did VIR raise the rates to something out the window or are they just pushing the bikes out the door and making more on the cars?

Landshark

Control Rider
15 is to low. So was 25. If you do the math of 200 per rider at 150 riders that is 30k. Now add expenses like fuel, equipment and such for the support staff. If you follow Brians indications Barber is barely a "in the black event". Now consider that is all a loss. Nesba would need an entire season of full events at Barber to recover. Good thing other venues offer a better cost to profit margin. Another good thing the club is spread out to take advantage of many tracks not just one. To add to this NJMP also another very pricey track to rent. So much so the race orgs aren't attending because the costs are to high.
If rider attendance falls significantly you could see the trackday buisness become a one horse race.

PITZER

Brent, I take it you guys and gals made it home ok. We were joking that you guys left Saturday night and most likely ran right into the storm.
Well you guys will have to have a do-over.

zeus

Control Rider
We made it home fine. We ran into it about 30 miles into Tenn.. It was coming down good too. We drove in it for 30 mintues or so and then pulled over and slept tell morning. Gave the plows a chance after the snow quit. Yes we knew we were going to run into it, but the further north we get the more snow plows there are, and people that know how to drive in the snow. :saythat:

We will be back don't worry it takes more than snow to keep us away. Beside it is fun riding in the snow I have done it a few times now. Even had a race weekend where it was snowing on and off now that is fun. :wow:

Ruhe52

Don't forget the cost to insure the event and all the other little things. NESBA still best bang for the buck.