9/4 b group.

PatFitz9

It's easy to say now, but passing on the brakes on the outside of a turn entry isn't always the best idea. With the unpredictable rider in B, you never know what you'll get. Plus, it's a lot more work to go left for a right turn (especially with a 6 foot passing distance). Heal up bud, good to see that you're keeping an open mind about it.

pauskings

Pat,

This was not a braking pass on a curve. I was braking in the straightaway approaching turn 1 before the #4 side track marker. My braking was a desperate attempt at collision avoidance (still going straight with nowhere to go except off the track). My mistakes along with others created a dangerous situation requiring hospitalization for me. I accept full responsibility and I am truely thankful that no other club members were hurt. I appreciate all the members supportative comments during this tramatic ordeal.
Thanks to all, RIDE SAFE>

Phil
B #302

geekmug

pauskings;212307 wrote: Pat,

This was not a braking pass on a curve. I was braking in the straightaway approaching turn 1 before the #4 side track marker. My braking was a desperate attempt at collision avoidance (still going straight with nowhere to go except off the track). My mistakes along with others created a dangerous situation requiring hospitalization for me. I accept full responsibility and I am truely thankful that no other club members were hurt. I appreciate all the members supportative comments during this tramatic ordeal.
Thanks to all, RIDE SAFE>

Phil
B #302
I think what Pat was saying was that passing on the outside anywhere is an inherently risky pass. The safest passes are always places where the other rider is moving away from you. I hate to generalize, but you will rarely see passing on the outside on the straight (except for a CR going off-line and waving folks by). Inevitably the rider in front of you will instantly remember they need to setup for the next turn and want that piece of asphalt just when you need it, and it's theirs to take. I have visited the swamp outside of T7 making this same mistake. The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Anyways, heal up and see you out there next season!

eE jeremy

Phil everyone makes mistakes, as you said nobody else was hurt and that's the best news. I hope you heal up quickly, I was really worried about you after seeing your tumble it looked really bad, then the immediate red flag and chopper only made me worry more. Hope to see you back out there with us next year.

MikeyR6

geekmug;212313 wrote: I think what Pat was saying was that passing on the outside anywhere is an inherently risky pass. The safest passes are always places where the other rider is moving away from you. I hate to generalize, but you will rarely see passing on the outside on the straight (except for a CR going off-line and waving folks by). Inevitably the rider in front of you will instantly remember they need to setup for the next turn and want that piece of asphalt just when you need it, and it's theirs to take. I have visited the swamp outside of T7 making this same mistake. The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Anyways, heal up and see you out there next season!
:agree: Well said.

I first started on the track in August last year, and I remember on several occasions early on being in the center of the track approaching a turn thinking "oh crap, I need to be over there!" I'm sure I made the rookie mistake of abrupt position changes to get back on the "race line", but luckily nobody suffered track departures due to my actions.

Now if I find myself off the race line, like after a legal B group pass, I slooowly and smooothly drift back to the proper line so other riders can judge my intentions. As most have probably witnessed in B group, you'll get some inconsistency in the actions and general lines of the riders, so it's just something that needs to be taken into consideration when evaluating a pass.

Keep doing your breating exercises. We don't want you getting pneumonia. :)

racer23

I was amazed yesterday when I came back from a test drive to find Phil sitting on a bench outside my shop.
I show up, and he hops up as if he hadn't tumbled like a ragdoll the day before. Amazing.:adore: