A Group Crash Turn 7 Barber

noobinacan

#7 Update on Stan's condition- 11/28:
Hey folks...small update. Not much change.
Stan's doing a little better, his fever has gone down, and his liver is doing better.
but still critical condition.

---

Would like to share something else. This past weekend's experience:
I visited him and family this past weekend.
He's hooked up to a lot of stuff and a lot of medication being drip fed to him (I counted like seven or eight bags) all sorts of monitors and machines etc. It was hard to see him like that.

Before you get to Stan's room/unit. which is not just the ICU, but CICU (critical intensive care unit). you pass several other units, with patients in critical state and their family and friends. Not all of them are there because of a motorcycle accident, some were driving to school, others were at home, list is long.

What I want to say is;
No matter who you are, the above experience is very humbling ? not sure if that's the correct word, I'm trying to describe feelings through words. But it will make you pause, stop thinking about everything else and thank the Big Guy upstairs for even the smallest everyday things in life. It changes your attitude towards other people.

Sorry for the long post...I just felt like sharing and did so.

Gorecki

noobinacan;224511 wrote: Sorry for the long post...I just felt like sharing and did so.
And complete okay Aman! Thank you very much for the updates. I'm certain anyone is going to take a little deeper look at life when seeing people on lifes edge.

Every day I have a mantra I think of that goes something to the flavor of "This is the first day of the rest of your life, what are you going to do with it?".

Highest of thoughts and hope for Stan!

dfaldridge

God bless you Aman. I totally know what you mean. I lost a girlfriend to a fatal motorcycle accident and it changes your life. I could fill up a book about how it changed me.

borislav

Control Rider
noobinacan;224511 wrote: #7 Update on Stan's condition- 11/28:
Hey folks...small update. Not much change.
Stan's doing a little better, his fever has gone down, and his liver is doing better.
but still critical condition.

---

Would like to share something else. This past weekend's experience:
I visited him and family this past weekend.
He's hooked up to a lot of stuff and a lot of medication being drip fed to him (I counted like seven or eight bags) all sorts of monitors and machines etc. It was hard to see him like that.

Before you get to Stan's room/unit. which is not just the ICU, but CICU (critical intensive care unit). you pass several other units, with patients in critical state and their family and friends. Not all of them are there because of a motorcycle accident, some were driving to school, others were at home, list is long.

What I want to say is;
No matter who you are, the above experience is very humbling ? not sure if that's the correct word, I'm trying to describe feelings through words. But it will make you pause, stop thinking about everything else and thank the Big Guy upstairs for even the smallest everyday things in life. It changes your attitude towards other people.

Aman thank you for updates and don't worry about long post!
Life is so butyfull and yet so fragile but that don't mean we shouldn't try our best to live it to it's fullest!!!
Stan get better brother!

Ruhe52

Aman thanks for keeping us posted. No need to worry about any length post. It is a shame that there are times that make us all stop and think about what is important to us. Really important.

Hang in there Stan you are in our thoughts and prayers every day.

warregl

noobinacan;224511 wrote: #7 Update on Stan's condition- 11/28:

What I want to say is;

I know its cliché, but life is short, and ever so much more so the older we get. The years come faster and faster…until they don’t come anymore. Every time I hear the song “Don’t Blink” I get a lump in my throat. I ask myself "have I done enough?". Did I make this a worthwhile trip? Invariably the answer is no, I want to do more, see more, and be more. But one day there won’t be any “more”. That’s why I got back on a motorcycle, I want to experience life.

I don’t know Stan but I am surely pulling for him. And it is clear from the comments that Stan lives his life (in my experience people don’t rally around a spectator). Please know he’s in my thoughts and prayers.

Best,
Carey