A Group Crash Turn 7 Barber

paintedblue

Don't know Stan but seeing anyone laying on the side of the track motionless is never a good feeling. Hoping for a quick recovery.

Lonewrench

Unfortunately when things like this happen I get fairly numb,it actually seems cold. In reality I get into a mad funk.First I try to think of all the ways I can or could have helped the situation or person . In the end it's up to us to wish and pray for the best.
Just a little something for thought here:
I have been doing this with some great friends for over 20 years,we work hard to win races,attract sponsors and try to make a living.I know how much time is put into building a proper bike and program.I also know most folks are coming to track days to chill out and have a great time. I think we need to be realistic with our wants and desires,for instance,Sic's crash.
A budget of over 75 million,26 team members included for his team and still tragedy strikes even in perfect conditions with perfect bikes and brilliant technicians. Everything that goes into a MotoGP effort and still these things happen. The training,physical conditioning,mental conditioning,everything involved. We at the track day level need to take all of this into consideration and prepare ourselves very carefully in the future and I'm not talking just the bike. We all need to see things a little differently,lets take better care of ourselves and our equiptment to ensure that only a freak accident like Stans,Brians or Mikes only ever happens once in a lifetime.
The NESBA family is a tight one let's keep it tight,after you have ensured your own safety and readiness take the time to notice the elements around you as well. I only preach it because Ive seen it,take the time to be safe before you get on the track,take every precaution to do so. Think of how lucky we all are to enjoy each others company and passion to ride and gather together,it's an amazing feeling that I was instantly attached to when I started over 20 years ago and honestly Ive grown more fond of:adore:;) the NESBA bunch than I would have ever expected I would. Stan is a great guy and hopefully we can all agree that it was a freak accident that took place. I went over his bike and saw nothing wrong with the way it was prepaired and to be honest it made me feel better knowing that Stan like so many others took care of his bike and was prepaired to have a great safe weekend. Accidents happen lets just do our part and cross the T's and dot the I's when it comes to safety.

bcwood

My first trackday at Virginia after a 14 year layoff , nerves going crazy , who is the first person I meet ? BIG STAN . He helped me alot that day . Always pitted next to him . Get out of that hospital soon big guy , got alot of work to do on the beemer.

TimW

I did not know Stan but he sounds like many I have met so far...some of the finest people you would care to meet. Get well soon Stan! You are in the prayers and thoughts of many!

MeaganC

This has been a gut wrenching couple of months to close out the 2011 season. As the wife of a rider it is very hard to read of these horrible accidents happening. I do not know Stan but pray that he makes a full recovery.

noobinacan

Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and thoughts. I let Stan's wife know yesterday the support for him within the NESBA family and she was very thankful for it.

#3 Update on Stan's condition:
They did another set of cat scans yesterday and lowered the oxygen
to help Stan breathe on his own.
They're also going to perform surgery on his left leg that was broken
and his left hand. The doctors also determined that the stroke was small.

They were going to shave his mustache.
he won't be happy about that when he wakes up and equipment/monitors around him will probably end up samurai smashed.
Stan had his hair tied up and someone called him Samurai Stan on Saturday...we found out and made jokes and laughed about it late into Saturday night.

stow

Thanks for the update Aman. I know Stan is one tough guy. The first time I met him was at Barber back in April. He was lying down in his trailer trying to relax and determine if his damaged hand and broken ribs sustained in a crash during the first A session would prevent him from riding the rest of the weekend. I told him he should probably call it a weekend. No need in taken unnecessary risks. He proceeded to gear up and run the next session and rode the rest of the event. So much for my advice. :D

GIXXERMO62

What a tough motorsports season indeed.

Heal up Stan! You sound like a very strong man... Prayers sent for full and speedy recovery

Ruhe52

Stan with no stash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow can't even imagine that. Still here praying for your full and speedy recovery Samurai Stan