Another New Guy from VA

silver 14

Well not gonna miss it for anything I'll have to suck it up and deal with it hit the outlet mall and get some underarmor. do you really have to break in a suit boots and gloves?

2trill357

Just saw this thread.

I'm located in Suffolk and will be attending the trackday in Oct also. If you need any help with anything feel free to hit me up.
I was at VIR last year in Oct and the weather was great....a little cool in the morning, but aside from that the weekend & weather was awesome.

silver 14;208406 wrote: Greetings hoping to complete my first track day Oct 16 at VIR. Have an 09 R6 Got a few questions?
1. Anyone rode at VIR in Oct is it cold? Yes it can be. Brings liners.
2. Gonna be a beginner are there a lot of riders in the beginners group? Summer weather Yes. Fall - depends. 3. Have Frank Thomas 1 piece suit, A* smx boots, t-pro back protector, AGV gauntlet gloves, Scorpion helmet
will my gear be sufficient? Depends on condition. Find a CR near you.

4. I'm 6'1" 200 lbs w/o gear will my stock suspension be sufficient? Yes so long as in shape/no damage.

5. Any pointers on suspension setup? Check tread, pads (brakes), chain (wear and adjustment) and throttle (crisp).
The Beginner group has a wide range of experience. Probably the widest. Have a CR show you the line and hold that line best you can. Do nothing sudden or unexpected. If confused don't try to figure out anything on the track. Distractions will get you in trouble. Come off the track, get resolution and go back out. If you get tired come in. Get used to the feel of the bike and flow of the track. Above all have fun.

Reg