Any Word On Emerson??

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Heal up Emerson, I know you'll be back stronger than ever!
Funny, you mentioned that Tim guy:notsure: I had an off going out of turn 7 chasing that guy TIM!:banghead:...........LOL;) Were gonna have to find this TIM guy and put sugar in his gas tank or something!;). Disclaimer: Tim is a great guy and a great racer!

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
dale.b;65324 wrote: As much as I don't like beer, I had to drink the Schaeffers in Emerson's honor and pass them around to some others who appreciate the "good" stuff. =)

Glad to see you up and posting, Sauce. They will build you back stronger.
Well, as long as it got put to good use. Hope Lenny got some, he appreciates a "quality" beer!

Todd Stinson

Glad to hear you are in good spirits and on the way to recovery. That is a scary place to go down with all that armco around.

NoBull

Sorry to hear, Emerson.

When I broke my shoulderblade it hurt like hell for a long time. Hopefully yours is less significant.

Get well soon.

Drewbie

We couldn't believe how un damaged your bike was when it came back home to us in the pits. This is definitely a bummer Emerson, you were learning and getting faster. Heal up man we will see you back out there soon.

Katie785

Yes, i would like to know how you crash there and have such minimal damage on your bike... Did you take the Drew at Nelson last year when he went down on Rhinos bike with no damage?? lol..

If you need ANYTHING at all! let us know!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Spoke with Emerson last night.....he's staying as positive as he can but that was a big get off and the injury to his left elbow is pretty serious. He's looking at a long rehab and a lot of medical bills. He's always been first in line to offer help to others and I know he appreciates the support he gets from his fellow riders.

Ho Le

Quick Question

Was wondering what most people end up spending on medical bills even with insurance??

I know everyone has different plans and providers but does anyone have any numbers on how much they spent when they got in a bad crash?

rk97

i've not had the misfortune of being injured in a crash, but past experience with medical insurance claims tells me you end up paying roughly 10% of the actual cost.

tonsil surgery was $8k, cost me $800 and change. Broken finger and broken collar bone (rock climbing, not trackday) bore out the same ratio, but I don't recall the dollar amounts.

what you want to be careful of is being taken to a facility that your provider doesn't like. I should do this too... At each track, there's likely more than one emergency room reasonably close. If they take you to one that your insurance doesn't 'prefer,' especially if a 'preferred' facility is only a few miles further away, you'll get hit HARD with charges. This may not apply with life-threatening injuries, but for everyone's sake, let's hope you never have to deal with that and are conscious to tell them "no, United Healthcare will rape me if we go to hospital X. Take me to hospital Y!!!!!"

Katie785

It depends on your insurance policy...

A broken neck, collapsed lung, broken ribs and a transfer from VIR to Danville to Roanoke (sp?) cost be about 5k OOP... I had the best insurance work offered. It was a 0 deductible plan... Had I done with the HIGH deductible plan, I would have been out about 10-15k

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
I was billed about 32K for my collar bone surgeries... plate put in to knit 3 pieces together and then removed after 12 months...some physical therapy after the first surgery but no overnight stays at the hospital.

Insurance company preferred provider rates reduced the bills to about 22K..... I have a high deductible and 50% copay so I would have paid paid about 16K net if the surgeries had been in the same calendar year.... since separate annual deductibles applied I paid almost 20K..... without insurance it would have been 32K

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
Hey Emerson!

Heal up bro.

Are you coming back to Pittsburgh (to Allegheny General) for your elbow surgery? I had the guys at Allegheny Orthopedics do my rotator cuff a few years ago and they're following up with the Duke repairs now!

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
rugbymook;65533 wrote: Hey Emerson!

Heal up bro.

Are you coming back to Pittsburgh (to Allegheny General) for your elbow surgery? I had the guys at Allegheny Orthopedics do my rotator cuff a few years ago and they're following up with the Duke repairs now!
I was going to but the commute to go for follow up and all that would be too great (5 hours each way) so I'm having it done at UVA in Roanoke. I really wanted to get it done up there because I head they have really good orthopedic docs.

Yea thats awesome your bike was is unscathed.
After I went down there I couldn't tell what my bike was after it hit the Armco.

I'm so glad you will recover! You did really well this season. I want your trailor!!!!