B or I?

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
wesmith443;109786 wrote: My first track day here was summit main. I was very irritated that I couldnt get into a flow. Very seldom could I accelerate to my braking point for beginners braking extremely early. .
Again, If you are irritated, then you do not deserve to be in I. Once you are able to control your throttle/braking, you will find that you can set people up to literally blow right by them when ya both exit the turn. Usually, when that happens, you will be bumped and you will be the token slow guy in I.

I think you can always flow whether you are in the fastest or the slowest group.

1bad7

QUOTE=K7gix750;109828]Thank you all for the awesome feedback. I'm going to sign up for B and hope I don't get "lost in the shuffle" of all the other B riders trying to impress CR's in order to get a bump.
Welcome bro!!!

I would tell you that I did the same thing when I came from overseas to be either "B" or "I". The decision was finally made when I bought my 09 R1. I hadn't been on the track for about 4 months, new track, new org, and new bike, suspension not set for me. I started in "B" and was bumped to "I" right after lunch the same day. I was a bit different as I have raced (I'm not very good mind you) in a couple of endurance races in Sicily, and we were at the track at least twice a month, all 12 months for about 4 years.

If you are of good enough quality(for lack of a better term) they will bump you. Once in the "I" group, I noticed that there were still quite a few CR's out there making sure things are running the way they are supposed to. My opinion is that there are plenty of other orgs out there doing track days and such, but having done the one I did with NESBA at Lightning, solidified my reason to ride with them.

:banghead: So just to sum up my long tangent, you won't get lost in the shuffle! If you're ready they will see you and bump you, otherwise talk with them and let them know your intentions before each session.

By the way we only had one guy go down all day long. That to me speaks volumes about the folks that attend events and the organizers of NESBA.:adore:

I'll get off the soap box now, you may all wake up now I'm done. :shutit:

foster

geckert;109834 wrote: If you want to get noticed by the CR's do some wheelies down the straight ;)
QUOTE]

rico750;109854 said:
lol (this is a joke don't do it ) ;)
12 o'clock bars will pass tech right? :wow:

Again, thanks everyone this is all great stuff and really pumps me up to ride with a group that obviously cares about EVERYONE on the track, not just themselves. And kudos to the CR's that have chimed in, it says alot about your commitment just by doing that.

Ruhe52

Oh we are committed just like these guys.

Disclaimer******Note YouTube video not edited for language********Disclaimer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ8qZ0K-Qmw

This is probably the best thread on this topic I have seen some solid reasoning for both sides of the story and it never once turned into:bumpme: or :crs:

Look forward to riding with all of you soon.

UHHHHHG is Barber a week away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry up and get here.

Meat

K7gix750;109828 wrote: Thank you all for the awesome feedback. I'm going to sign up for B and hope I don't get "lost in the shuffle" of all the other B riders trying to impress CR's in order to get a bump.
I, too, think you made the right decision. The CR's with nesba are really phenomenal and really do keep an eye out. I think it was Barry that mentioned talking to the captain CR and tell him/her your situation. Very good advice.

Welcome to nesba! Introduce yourself around in the pits and on the forum.

And when you come down to the Southeast to do Barber, as everyone eventually does, stop by and say hi.

Ruhe52

But look out for that Meat dude unless his wife is with him. If Courtney is there you are safe. Solo he is gonna want an Eskimo kiss and he is so freaking strong you are going to Eskimo!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4MoRO0Z-OM

Love ya Meat hope the ribs are healed and you got you S$#@ ready I wanna ride baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell C we Di and I say hello!!!!!

Dunham

cyclerant;109922 wrote: But look out for that Meat dude unless his wife is with him. If Courtney is there you are safe. Solo he is gonna want an Eskimo kiss and he is so freaking strong you are going to Eskimo!!!!!!!!!

Love ya Meat hope the ribs are healed and you got you S$#@ ready I wanna ride baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol Mike you are going to make Meat mad when he laughs and his ribs hurt him!

To the OP you have made a good decision. Welcome to NESBA

Meat

cyclerant;109922 wrote: But look out for that Meat dude unless his wife is with him. If Courtney is there you are safe. Solo he is gonna want an Eskimo kiss and he is so freaking strong you are going to Eskimo!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!! Maybe that is why Courtney tries to make it to all my track days.

Hopefully Di will come out a few times this year. It was great to get her and Courtney together at Barber last year.

dbakerpa

THe B group is plenty fast- you will do a few hard "oh crap" braking to avoid the no pass rul eon the corners. You can be moved up during the day if the CR feels you are getting held up and in control. I am still in B and still having a freekin ball. ... but im old.

Ruhe52

If you are ready for I you will not be getting held up that much. Just ride and enjoy the day. Seek input from the CRs as we are there to help you enjoy the day. Again look forward to seeing you out there.

stkr

I misread the address bar, and I thought this thread went to 34 pages already :eek: :D

At least winter is almost over (for us up North anyway), so it should get back to normal soon.

rk97

hey K7gix750, did you post a similar question on Ohio-riders.net? I may have replied there...

the brutal truth is that if you're fast, no one in "B" group is going to "hold you up." I'd suggest the following:

- do not judge your entire day by the first 2 sessions (especially early in the season). give people a chance to learn the track before deciding they're all slow, and you need to be bumped up :p

- follow the passing rules religiously. It doesn't impress Control Riders when you're so fast that you "had to" break the passing rules to get around someone.

- asking for help gets you a LOT further than complaining about being held up
. CR's are (mostly) human. They're naturally more inclined to help someone who says, "i'm really struggling with getting around this guy on a 1000 - can you show me how?" than someone who bitches about how slow X rider is in the corners. If you're capable of a faster lap time, there IS a way for you to get around that person (or you can always pit-in and wait for open track).

- if you're not having fun, talk to a CR or director ASAP
. rider safety is job 1, but rider enjoyment is job 2. Don't spend the whole day pissed off without allowing the staff a chance to help you turn the day around.

1bad7

rk97;113225 wrote: hey K7gix750, did you post a similar question on Ohio-riders.net? I may have replied there...

the brutal truth is that if you're fast, no one in "B" group is going to "hold you up." I'd suggest the following:

- do not judge your entire day by the first 2 sessions (especially early in the season). give people a chance to learn the track before deciding they're all slow, and you need to be bumped up :p

- follow the passing rules religiously. It doesn't impress Control Riders when you're so fast that you "had to" break the passing rules to get around someone.

- asking for help gets you a LOT further than complaining about being held up
. CR's are (mostly) human. They're naturally more inclined to help someone who says, "i'm really struggling with getting around this guy on a 1000 - can you show me how?" than someone who bitches about how slow X rider is in the corners. If you're capable of a faster lap time, there IS a way for you to get around that person (or you can always pit-in and wait for open track).

- if you're not having fun, talk to a CR or director ASAP
. rider safety is job 1, but rider enjoyment is job 2. Don't spend the whole day pissed off without allowing the staff a chance to help you turn the day around.

:agree::agree::agree: