Barber 10-11 Video thread

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
In this instance, I got the checkered flag from the track marshal. I had to do an entire lap under red. There are a lot of blind corners and crests on this track and you have no idea what's around the next corner. When there is enough of a site line, you speed up as much as necessary. Too much and you risk not being able to react to something in the middle of the track. I would say in the advanced group you want to be about 50-60% pace. It may seem slow by A-pace standards, but we are still moving pretty quickly. One thing that bugs me more than anything is when guys see a red flag, they ride the entire time with their hand in the air. Signal your intent, come off pace and then continue around to pit in. You can signal your intent multiple times, but please concentrate on getting off the track and not riding with one hand all the way around.

z064life

Thunderace;294577 wrote: In this instance, I got the checkered flag from the track marshal. I had to do an entire lap under red. There are a lot of blind corners and crests on this track and you have no idea what's around the next corner. When there is enough of a site line, you speed up as much as necessary. Too much and you risk not being able to react to something in the middle of the track. I would say in the advanced group you want to be about 50-60% pace. It may seem slow by A-pace standards, but we are still moving pretty quickly. One thing that bugs me more than anything is when guys see a red flag, they ride the entire time with their hand in the air. Signal your intent, come off pace and then continue around to pit in. You can signal your intent multiple times, but please concentrate on getting off the track and not riding with one hand all the way around.
Thats fair around corners if you don't know where the incident is..I do the same...but in this case I believe from T3 cresting the hill to T4/5 we hit 50 or 55mph in a congo line when line of site is clear all the way around.

Just a pet peeve of mine as I always think about what I would want if I was a rider down needing help.