Barber 8-24/25

As usual we had a blast at Barber this past weekend. Managed to bring three new NESBA riders with our regular crew and they all had a great experience as well. One of our Aprilia riders went down Saturday afternoon in A group but wasn't hurt and bike is fixable (is that a real word?). Should be ready for our next run with X-Act at Little Tally in early September.

I got with some of the CR's both days and received good feedback albeit a little confusing - after two years of running in I group now trying to bump into A to continue my track education. Got some work to do before I'm skilled enough to be out there with the fast boys & girls - consistent 1:42's are a pretty high mark - but hopefully I'll get there one day.

Great weather, not a lot of flags, lots of saddle time, good solid weekend at one of the best tracks around. Even brought the ice cream machine and churned up some homemade stuff Saturday night!

BTW - the novice that crashed early Saturday and took the ambulance ride is doing pretty good. Has a moderately severe injury to his left foot, has a broken left knee and left wrist, but his Dad says he's handling it well. Bike faired pretty good. After seeing the video it could have been very bad for others if he hadn't stabbed the front brakes and went over the front. Still a miracle that nobody else wound up going down. Prayers and thanks for all are in order.

HJ

12v_dub

Glad ya'll had good time and good weather out there. I went to visit Andrew in the hospital on Sunday, and I believe he's coming back home today. Only thing broken is his wrist and some damage to his foot. But Ill let him pitch in once he's up and running.

gursesl

Thank you, Hurricane John and other Aprilia riders

After 13 hours drive from DC, I pulled in at around 3 am on Sat morning and parked in the first empty spot I could find. It was only in the light of the morning I realized I was in the middle of a wolfpack of Aprilia riders :)

I had my Bimmer and Duc, so in a way I was their not-so-distant Euro cousin. And so I pushed myself into the Aprilia crowd.

Thanks for your hospitality, the great steak, the icecream and the great ride. John, Samir, Charles, Steve, Todd and Jackson, BP and the other dude who's name escapes me. It was a great time riding and pitting with all of you guys. :adore:

John, you're a great rider and I am sure you'll be riding in "A" pretty soon. Samir, sorry for your crash, dude. You were flying all day and then I look and you are literally flying :wow:

Charles, thanks for the great food and for the awesome dogfights on the track. I am honored that I was able to keep up with you for at least a session or two, even though you were feeling like chit. I'll take whatever I can, lol.

A few notes about the track day experience. Sat was not a great day for me - only several hours sleep and I just was not feeling it. Then I did the track walk with John Allen and I followed his advice on Sun. Day and night difference! I was feeling good, smooth and fast. Still got passed a lot, but I was not being crushed like Sat. Thank you John Allen for the track walk! The snake was awesome, wasn't it? :eek:

Tires and suspension worked great and although this was my first time riding the HP4, I think I already like the bike very much.

Chuck (Cycleworx), thanks for the advice, as usual, for tires and suspension. I'll call you later to discuss Ohlins for my Gixxer 750.

I saw several people with Gopros. Any videos? I am looking at you, Jake and the fast dude on the Kawi with the Kobe leathers.

Anybody know what lap times was the A group running? I was somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Cheers!

roy 826

gursesl;286162 wrote: After 13 hours drive from DC, I pulled in at around 3 am on Sat morning and parked in the first empty spot I could find. It was only in the light of the morning I realized I was in the middle of a wolfpack of Aprilia riders :)

I had my Bimmer and Duc, so in a way I was their not-so-distant Euro cousin. And so I pushed myself into the Aprilia crowd.

Thanks for your hospitality, the great steak, the icecream and the great ride. John, Samir, Charles, Steve, Todd and Jackson, BP and the other dude who's name escapes me. It was a great time riding and pitting with all of you guys. :adore:

John, you're a great rider and I am sure you'll be riding in "A" pretty soon. Samir, sorry for your crash, dude. You were flying all day and then I look and you are literally flying :wow:

Charles, thanks for the great food and for the awesome dogfights on the track. I am honored that I was able to keep up with you for at least a session or two, even though you were feeling like chit. I'll take whatever I can, lol.

A few notes about the track day experience. Sat was not a great day for me - only several hours sleep and I just was not feeling it. Then I did the track walk with John Allen and I followed his advice on Sun. Day and night difference! I was feeling good, smooth and fast. Still got passed a lot, but I was not being crushed like Sat. Thank you John Allen for the track walk! The snake was awesome, wasn't it? :eek:

Tires and suspension worked great and although this was my first time riding the HP4, I think I already like the bike very much.

Chuck (Cycleworx), thanks for the advice, as usual, for tires and suspension. I'll call you later to discuss Ohlins for my Gixxer 750.

I saw several people with Gopros. Any videos?
I am looking at you, Jake and the fast dude on the Kawi with the Kobe leathers.

Anybody know what lap times was the A group running? I was somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Cheers!
I didn't have a gopro on my bike but I would like to apologize for the drift over on you into T1 on Saturday. I was on the red/black GSXR1000 with white/black Teknic leathers. I gave you an apologetic wave up in T2 not sure if you seen it or not. I normally do not get that close during a trackday. I got sort of sucked in on you as we ran side by side down the front straight not to mention T1 is sorta tight on entry there side by side deep in the brake markers.

And I agree the track walk was very beneficial to me as well. The surface there has always played with my head but most of that fear is now put to rest. I to saw a lot of gopro cameras staring at me. Anyway it was good riding with you out there.:)

gursesl

T1

Hey Roy,

I remember the pass, but it was pretty clean, so no worries, bro. Thanks for checking in though.

I enjoyed riding side by side since its fun and shows jsut how consistent and predictrable most of the NESBA riders can be. When I have that confidence I can ride my line and know that the person passing me will be just fine and we'll both laugh about it later.

You were blasting fast out there! Cheers!

roy 826;286169 wrote: I didn't have a gopro on my bike but I would like to apologize for the drift over on you into T1 on Saturday. I was on the red/black GSXR1000 with white/black Teknic leathers. I gave you an apologetic wave up in T2 not sure if you seen it or not. I normally do not get that close during a trackday. I got sort of sucked in on you as we ran side by side down the front straight not to mention T1 is sorta tight on entry there side by side deep in the brake markers.

And I agree the track walk was very beneficial to me as well. The surface there has always played with my head but most of that fear is now put to rest. I to saw a lot of gopro cameras staring at me. Anyway it was good riding with you out there.:)

bpolunin

John,
Thank you so much for the invite. Jackson and I had a blast. After only one day of riding on track, I can say, I am hooked. I guess I better start looking for a second job :). And thank you to team Aprilia for showing us the ropes. We would have been lost without you guys. Thanks again John, Samir, and Charles. Looking forward to Tally (hope I can make it).
NESBA, thank you for a great event.

Lonewrench

Yo Cookie,
your a good man,I'm glad you came to the event and thanks a million for spporting PCW,NESBA and the cycling industry. A group sometimes isn't always what it's cracked up to be,I know it's a goal to most and some it's not so important. What's important to me is that we all get together at the events with a common goal, FUN and you know how to have that. Your'e a good friend JC be cool daddy O.:D

Toddgotfish

Control Rider
Aprillia group is the best. Jackson, get that video up. I'll be at NOLA when you guys hit lil tally, but see you all in sept at Barber again.John thanks again for the steak, and Charles for the grilling, and can't forget Patrick "Big Daddy" the pit boss. Samir , send us some update pics on the bike.nice to meet the new faces Levent, and BP. Just remember , if you show up late and want to pit with us, look for the big ORANGE Harley trailer. . .:D

hondamotorco4life

Hello everyone. This is Andrew. I got home last night from Birmingham UAB hospital. Like John said I am very thankful body else even got touch let alone hurt from the incident. It's too bad things happened the way they did but I am still alive. I praise God for that. My left boot got caught under my bike and tore a hole in it cause two nasty craters in my foot about 2" in diameter. My left wrist is broken along with broken bones in my right elbow. My right knee suffered a nasty scrape and bruising all over. Again I am thankful nodbody else got hurt. May you all be blessed and safe.

Toddgotfish;286247 wrote: Just remember , if you show up late and want to pit with us, look for the big ORANGE Harley trailer. . .:D
with the custom Vance & Hines pipes coming out of the 30,000 watt generator...... Remember, loud pipes save lives!

Enjoyed the entire weekend Toddman, even if you didn't share your endless supply of coconut water? WTH??? I did swipe the pretzel chips tho:D

HJ

bpolunin

Glad you are OK man. Speedy recovery to you.

hondamotorco4life;286249 wrote: Hello everyone. This is Andrew. I got home last night from Birmingham UAB hospital. Like John said I am very thankful body else even got touch let alone hurt from the incident. It's too bad things happened the way they did but I am still alive. I praise God for that. My left boot got caught under my bike and tore a hole in it cause two nasty craters in my foot about 2" in diameter. My left wrist is broken along with broken bones in my right elbow. My right knee suffered a nasty scrape and bruising all over. Again I am thankful nodbody else got hurt. May you all be blessed and safe.

bpolunin

Haha, after seeing Toddman drink that Coconut water, I went and got a can at farmers market yesterday... good stuff with little chinks of coconut in it...

hurricanejohn;286250 wrote: with the custom Vance & Hines pipes coming out of the 30,000 watt generator...... Remember, loud pipes save lives!

Enjoyed the entire weekend Toddman, even if you didn't share your endless supply of coconut water? WTH??? I did swipe the pretzel chips tho:D

HJ

hondamotorco4life;286249 wrote: Hello everyone. This is Andrew. I got home last night from Birmingham UAB hospital. Like John said I am very thankful body else even got touch let alone hurt from the incident. It's too bad things happened the way they did but I am still alive. I praise God for that. My left boot got caught under my bike and tore a hole in it cause two nasty craters in my foot about 2" in diameter. My left wrist is broken along with broken bones in my right elbow. My right knee suffered a nasty scrape and bruising all over. Again I am thankful nodbody else got hurt. May you all be blessed and safe.
Andrew - glad you are home and I'm sure plenty sore and banged up. Take it easy and make sure you work that foot when you can. Dad showed us pics of the foot injury and it's got to be hurting big time. If you need anything we are just up the road from you. You did a very brave thing by shutting down without hesistation when you saw where things were headed - if you hadn't taken the action that you did it might have been much worse. It may have been sheer reaction or intuition or skill that caused you to pull up when you did, but guaranteed God was there and kept everyone (including you) in His hands.

Heal up, dream in apex-vision, and we'll keep you and family on top of our prayer list!

HJ

roy 826

Hang in there man at some point in time we've all been there. Take care of the body first and foremost and in time you'll be back in no time. :)

noobinacan

hurricanejohn;286374 wrote: Pics of You pics are posting.....

HJ
Dude, those sliders will rip your frame in half or flip your bike WHEN they catch...best thing to do is no sliders or at least go to shorty stuff like woodcraft.