Barber Info

seatec

sheepofblue;180125 wrote: Also if you want to be considerate; if all you need is 110 parking on the fence on tier one leaves the power poles on the second tier open for RV that need the 30/50AMP plugs that are unavailable on the fence (more important come the hot season).
True, but i can kick my rv down to only draw 20 amps and not trip the standard 110 outlets. 50 amps is nice though if i have to $50 for the weekend.

seatec

matt2212;180131 wrote: so is it 50 bucks for electric to say run warmers and a few lights or is that the rv fee?
$50 bucks for two days whichever power pole 110v/30A/50A you "rent".
You could go halves with your neighbor!

sheepofblue

seatec;180128 wrote: True, but i can kick my rv down to only draw 20 amps and not trip the standard 110 outlets. 50 amps is nice though if i have to $50 for the weekend.
In July/August I need all 30 for the AC :D Just pointed it out as many don't think about it or knwo it and jam up others that need the higher outputs with no malice intended ;)

This time I will not even need power. The Honda does warmers and I can fire the motorhome up for an hour or so to run the microwave, idiot box or charge the batteries. An hour of gas is a lot cheaper than power.

seatec

sheepofblue;180141 wrote: In July/August I need all 30 for the AC :D Just pointed it out as many don't think about it or no it and jam up others that need the higher outputs ;)

This time I will not even need power. The Honda does warmers and I can fire the motorhome up for an hour or so to run the microwave, idiot box or charge the batteries. An hour of gas is a lot cheaper than power.
true true, i have a built in Onan 5500 and it sips fuel. It's quite but not as quiet as the honda's

sheepofblue

Weather predictions just keep looking better. Though I am betting we have at least on hydraulic leak to avoid since we have been pounded with rain, a little less down there but still a lot.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
can we all speak of the weather a little more?!?!?!?!?! for the love of the track gods, rule #1: you don't speak of the weather

JRA

There is power readily available on all levels of the paddock. I'm not sure if they have gone up on the price or not...it's either $25 or $30 a day regardless of what you intend to power. You can share with a pit neighbor to reduce the cost. On the lower level next to the fence you will have to get a converter box from one of the Barber staff. You are pretty much limited to 110 down on the lower level. I think they do have some boxes with 30 amp twist lock plugs available. Not sure if any have RV plugs.

On the upper two levels the power pedestals are along the embankment that separates the second tier from the third. These pedestals have 30 amp rv, 50 amp rv, and 110 volt receptacles. Barber staff will need to unlock them for you after you pay.

The paddock is going to be full. If you don't have a need for power or plan on running a generator please leave the areas that have power for others who need it.

If you have a loud generator please be respectful of others around you, especially at night.

Please allow some room between you and the person next to you, or coordinate with your neighbor when setting up your pit. There have been instances of people arriving in the middle of the night and parking a little too close.

You cannot set up a pit in front of the media building. If pitting in the lower paddock you must turn right at the bottom of the hill.

Does that about cover it all?:D

matt2212

nk140;180334 wrote: Is it Friday yet?.....I am not going to get anything done today at work
:agree:

leaving tonight to shorten the drive friday, I feel like a kid on christmass eve

tiggen

John, signed up off the waiting list yesterday but never got an event registration, just the invoice. Even though I'm only signed up for Sunday, I though I'd ask now before people started leaving.

thanks,

jcrich

tiggen;180448 wrote: John, signed up off the waiting list yesterday but never got an event registration, just the invoice. Even though I'm only signed up for Sunday, I though I'd ask now before people started leaving.

thanks,
1.) Log into your account
2.) Choose View My Events on the left side of screen
3.) Double click on the event.
4.) Press Send Event Notification Email button.
5.) Done.
6.) Give $25 check to jcrich at Barber. :D

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
so RV is on the second tier?? never been to barber....taking gennys, and have a genny installed on the RV, but it is a bit loud and would prefer not to use it

tiggen

jcrich;180468 wrote: 1.) Log into your account
5.) Done.
Damn it!! I knew there was a way to do it, but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. And I was on that page. Don't know how I didn't see it. It's a f$%^& huge button!

Sorry, my last $25 is apparently going to pay for power. But I'll share it with you for free.

JRA

jcrich;180468 wrote: 1.) Log into your account
5.) Done.
Thanks Rich, you now have a new job.:D

JRA

lemondrop;180474 wrote: so RV is on the second tier?? never been to barber....taking gennys, and have a genny installed on the RV, but it is a bit loud and would prefer not to use it
If you need a 30 or 50 amp RV plug the second tier is where you'll find them.

sheepofblue

lemondrop;180474 wrote: so RV is on the second tier?? never been to barber....taking gennys, and have a genny installed on the RV, but it is a bit loud and would prefer not to use it
If you want 30/50 plugs you need to be on second or third (if even open). The second tier nearest the entrance (away from the tower) is wide enough for an RV with trailer the other side while wide is a bit short of what you will need (I think the other side has plugs though). The third tier is also a bit narrow on the tower side (entrance side does NOT have plugs) but usually you can park sideways or at an angle without being an a$$ since few go up there (and it could be closed).

I plan on going plug less since it will be fairly cool and no A/C needed. Run the Honda for the warmers and fire up the mh generator for microwave and to charge the batteries (doesn't take long). If you want to use the showers instead of yours they are on the second or third tier though I think the third will be closed (usually is for track days), Barber's restrooms like the rest of the place are well maintained and clean.

tiggen

Does anybody know if BMP allows us to walk the track? What about ride it with a bicycle?

thanks,

jcrich

tiggen;180599 wrote: Does anybody know if BMP allows us to walk the track? What about ride it with a bicycle?

thanks,
John

If I remember correctly, Barber does not allow track walks.

Saltman

nk140;180334 wrote: Is it Friday yet?.....I am not going to get anything done today at work
I know I'm not getting any work done today. The boss is out and it's Friday. Lunch has already been dedicated to getting track snacks and tying other loose ends before tomorrow. Can't wait!