Barber Info

toolfreek

Sounds like me. I know I was sort of a lone bike. I asked the instructor when he came to make sure I didn't take anyone out. I had on red leathers and a white helmet. I stood there and talked with the corner worker for a minute but I don't remember much of what we talked about, other than him asking if I was ok, and I told him my vision was weird out of my eye. I guess he called for medical at that point. My windscreen on my bike was crushed into a bunch of pieces, but the bodywork looks ok for the most part. Maybe that was the crunching you heard? I dunno. Thanks for telling me what you saw. I'm trying to make this a learning experience, you know?

Saltman

I think I saw the bike lying on the track right at the beginning of the front straight. White R1? When we pitted, you were down in the grass by the wall rolling back and forth - looked to be in really bad pain.

toolfreek

Yeah now that I think about it you are right, saltman. The bike did stop on the track. I remember the corner worker telling me I was done for the day because my gas tank was leaking and he pointed to a spot where it was wet. I had the wind knocked out of me, and once I got to the fence went down in an effort to catch my breath. Once I could breathe I got back up and saw everyone going back to the pits and so i went and talked to the CW

sheepofblue

Still could have been you, as I stated I was not paying a ton of attention. The third person standing there had a S.O. on the track and was asking if that happens all the time. We were trying to allay her fears and when I saw you standing I figured all was well and then the ambulance pulled up. As to the bike being on the edge or in the trap I was going to say on the edge but in trying to remember thought trap.

My guess is you just got aggressive rather than progressive on the gas. An R1 is real capable of spitting someone off and that turn and #5 are prime locations (5 gets more attention but the last turn might bite more amateurs) The good news is you got off before the bike went up and over or it might have been worse.

Either way hope you are back to 100% soon and get the vision checked.

toolfreek

Yeah I think it boils down to a loose nut between the seat and throttle. Learning experience for sure. Vision is back to normal, have a bit of blood in the eye, and it itches like all get out, but I can't complain. Foot is already feeling better, and fingers will get there too I'm sure. Cant wait to get back out there and give it another slightly less aggressive go. I hope it didn't discourage the S.O. or the other person, and if anything should be a testament to the gear and doing it there versus the street. And I'm certainly glad that I was by myself when it happened.

TDavis920

Hey, Toolfreak, glad to hear you are doing okay. I was the one with my cousin and another buddy helping me in my pit that loaded your bike back on your trailer. I noticed your camera took a pretty good shot in the melee, but surely it recorded until impact. Post up if you get it working enough to recover the video. Maybe something in there we all can learn from. Heal up soon and hope to see you at an event sometime this summer.

Tom
SV1000
B Group

toolfreek

Unfortunately it looks like the camera shut off on impact. I've checked the card and there is no file there for that session, but I haven't looked into seeing if I can recover anything. Once I get settled in from handling the bike and medical stuff maybe I'll be able to save something. I would like to know myself. Thanks again for your help, you guys have no idea how much you put my wife at ease. We had discussed beforehand what to do should an accident happen, but I don't think she expected anything to happen, and to just be able to put that plan in place kept her calm. Thank you so much.

griffinzx10

stow

brockbr;182041 wrote: Here's a couple of videos - Beginner Class, so flame away! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDJnsnwZCsg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E565MG0qjU

b.
Hey Brock, you looked good out there and you were carrying some good speed. The big thing to work on is the body position. Look at Dave Pullen's body position in your first video and look at yours in the second. You really want to get as much of the upper body off of the bike as possible and lead with your head. You are twisting around the tank and hanging your lower body off of the back of the bike. You want to get the upper body off to the inside and to the front of the bike. Oh and if you see Troy Bayliss around, tell him his body position is all wrong. :D By the way this is the pot calling the kettle black as I have to work on this a lot more as well. DJ told me so.

See you at the next event. Well my next event is in June at VIR, hopefully you can make it out.