Barber Minor Pit Bike Policy?

CBRtist

Anyone know the pit bike policy for minors? Can they ride in paddock? Certain times? I know it varies with tracks and I'm wondering if I should even bother taking down Ria's 50. If no one knows, I'll try to put in a call down there... thought I'd start here first.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President

https://www.barberracingevents.com/indy-park-rules-camping.php

I'd interpret these policies to be universal throughout the facility...in the paddock and outside.

• Minors are not allowed to operate bicycles at any time anywhere at BMP.
  • Parent must accompany minors at all times while in the paddock.

Golf carts, four wheelers, pit cars, pit bikes, bicycles, and other pit vehicles are permitted in the paddock area only. Common sense and care must be applied in their use. All drivers / riders of pit vehicles must carry a valid driver’s license and operate vehicles only on paved surfaces.

CBRtist

Always kind of cracks me up with these "policies" in place. I'm sure the 16 and under riders are gingerly walking their bikes back to their pits after they come off the track. Meanwhile... underage kids, who don't even race/legit ride, run their quasi-tricked up rides round the paddock (despite posted rules) while their parents act clueless. smh.

But I digress. Thanks for the info D-Zum.

CBRtist

The funny/sad thing is most of the really ignorant pit bike riding I’ve seen was done by adults.

Let's hope this was another organization other than N2 ;)... at least in regards to staff (members are a whole other ball of wax). I would like to think that N2 Staff hold themselves to higher standards as a premier track organization when it comes to paddock shenanigans :whistle:

D-Zum

Always kind of cracks me up with these "policies" in place. I'm sure the 16 and under riders are gingerly walking their bikes back to their pits after they come off the track. Meanwhile... underage kids, who don't even race/legit ride, run their quasi-tricked up rides round the paddock (despite posted rules) while their parents act clueless. smh.

But I digress. Thanks for the info D-Zum.

You're welcome.

Barber's a different beast. They have their policies..and they enforce them. Make sure you have something like wooden blocks or similar under your RV's leveling jacks.
You spill something like oil on their pavement, notify them immediately for cleanup. They don't mess around.

Don't get me wrong, they're there to make sure you have a good time, but Mr. Barber spent nearly $70million of his own money building the facility, and they're protecting his investment.

Backmarker

Control Rider
Barber was never the same as VIR with the "Pit Nazis" riding around in golf carts looking for trouble... most times you can just do your thing... stay under the radar....be respectful... and have no worries...

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.

But I digress. Thanks for the info D-Zum.[/QUOT

I remember last time I was at Barber I met a 12 year old, I think he was that old, that was riding in intermediate. I remember watching him on the track thinking how cool he was and wishing my childhood was that cool. The interesting thing was when he came off the track he was one of the slower riders when in the paddock, I guess he didn’t want to ruin a good thing.
Also I have always wondered,at least since I started riding track days, why don’t these venues offer some kind of riding for kids at the same time. When my kids get old enough and if they are interested I would love to bring them with me so they could ride too instead of just watching.

D-Zum

I remember last time I was at Barber I met a 12 year old, I think he was that old, that was riding in intermediate. I remember watching him on the track thinking how cool he was and wishing my childhood was that cool. The interesting thing was when he came off the track he was one of the slower riders when in the paddock, I guess he didn’t want to ruin a good thing.
Also I have always wondered,at least since I started riding track days, why don’t these venues offer some kind of riding for kids at the same time. When my kids get old enough and if they are interested I would love to bring them with me so they could ride too instead of just watching.

That's what MiniGP is for Mike. Start the kids there, then eventually their skills evolve there to a pretty high level. Then, when they're physically able to handle a track day worthy bike, then they're maybe ready for N2 Novice.

But as a parent, I can tell you it's a little nerve wracking watching your child roll out on to the grid, at least the first time. It's not as easy as you think, and it's sure not cheap.