Barber registrations not showing-up in account??

bidwell

We need answers NOW! Rumors are swirling that Barber has been cancelled and getting any kind of response from NESBA is like pulling teeth. Nothing in my "upcoming events", no explanation, no credit, NOTHING. NESBA will not see another dime from me until this is resolved.

bidwell

A friend of mine contacted Barber yesterday and found out the dates are open, meaning no NESBA event there 3/22-23. They would not say anything other than to contact the organization directly for additional info. Good luck with THAT.

JRA

It's true Barber has been cancelled. I'm sorry that word wasn't sent out in a timely fashion.

bidwell

Thanks John. I also heard you resigned your position as SE director over the poor handling of this. I have a lot of respect for you as a rider and thought you did a great job for NESBA. If this org survives it will not be the same.

joeyb

Edited by JRA

Thanks for the kind words Joey, but this isn't about me. I hope it can be straightened out quickly.

physicistkev

Control Rider
So, if the registrations aren't showing up is there a refund I need to be concerned about not being on my credit card? Or is there a chance that the date may still happen? With 3 weeks until the date, we need to know whats happening to make appropriate decisions.

Kevin

denbsteph

bidwell;301702 wrote: Thanks John. I also heard you resigned your position as SE director over the poor handling of this. I have a lot of respect for you as a rider and thought you did a great job for NESBA. If this org survives it will not be the same.

I'd like to see the SE region stick around, I was getting my R6S back together and looking forward to riding with NESBA in 2015.

I concur with bidwell on his comments concerning your presence during all the SE events. Good luck!!! :adore:

joeyb

joeyb;301703 wrote: Edited by JRA

Thanks for the kind words Joey, but this isn't about me. I hope it can be straightened out quickly.
I was only making the point that it doesn't seem as if the current leadership is handling this appropriately, and it seems as if new leadership should be put in place ASAP. I wanted to make it to barber with nesba this year but after this debacle I'm not sure I want to spend anymore $ with nesba. VIR North is coming up at the end of March, I haven't signed up yet and probably won't now that John Allen has stepped down. This is such a shame....

noobinacan

bidwell;301702 wrote: Thanks John. I also heard you resigned your position as SE director over the poor handling of this. I have a lot of respect for you as a rider and thought you did a great job for NESBA. If this org survives it will not be the same.
+1
yup John's resigned.
sounds like he probably got fed up just like a lot of people have...not surprised.

Almost everyone in the paddock has a lot of respect for him, not only as a rider, but also for how well organized the SE events ran.

physicistkev

Control Rider
Ok. Missed the part about JRA stepping down. I don't want to read into the situation to much, and to be honest I am quite peeved that it appears that I will not be at Barber as I have been planning for several weeks, but this is a giant UHHH WTF moment for me.

Can we get some details on what's going on? With no information coming from NESBA, the rumors are going to be taken as fact and that is never better than the true facts. Regardless of how bad the true facts are. Most people are rational on their own and with proper information can make, in general, rational decisions with the correct information. If all we have are rumors, the mentality of groups of people coming to their own conclusions with rumors is NEVER good.

Kevin

seasnake

I don't understand how an organization can take your money and then knowingly cancel an event and not let you know. No credits showing, no events showing, etc. They know enough to pull the event, but don't think it's important to contact members. WTF? I'll be letting them deal with my credit card company come Monday if there isn't some communication about this and how the refunds/cancellations will be handled.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
noobinacan;301708 wrote: +1
yup John's resigned.
sounds like he probably got fed up just like a lot of people have...not surprised.

Almost everyone in the paddock has a lot of respect for him, not only as a rider, but also for how well organized the SE events ran.
:agree:

RADAR Magnet

Barber registrations not showing-up in account??

joeyb;301706 wrote: I was only making the point that it doesn't seem as if the current leadership is handling this appropriately, and it seems as if new leadership should be put in place ASAP. I wanted to make it to barber with nesba this year but after this debacle I'm not sure I want to spend anymore $ with nesba. VIR North is coming up at the end of March, I haven't signed up yet and probably won't now that John Allen has stepped down. This is such a shame....

noobinacan;301708 wrote:
+1

physicistkev;301709 wrote:
Ok. this is a giant UHHH WTF moment for me.

I agree with all of this. I was planning to do Jefferson at the end if March and hit Road Atlanta in April; now I have no idea what will happen with the rest of the schedule. Really sucks for those of us that bought the season pass.

This is a total case study in running something good into the ground...

JRA, hate to see you go. Thanks for all the great events; everything top notch; best of luck going forward. Start a new org and book that open weekend at Barber!

physicistkev

Control Rider
noobinacan;301708 wrote: +1
yup John's resigned.

I also :agree:

RADAR Magnet

seasnake;301710 wrote: i don't understand how an organization can take your money and then knowingly cancel an event and not let you know. No credits showing, no events showing, etc. They know enough to pull the event, but don't think it's important to contact members. Wtf? I'll be letting them deal with my credit card company come monday if there isn't some communication about this and how the refunds/cancellations will be handled.

+ 10,000