barber this weekend ?????

stalemate27

II only do one in Ohio and its where I work lol I don't like that other place but I will probably be running a lwt team next year because it is a good place to learn smaller grids less "competitiveness" good place to run a endurance team with my kid and fasttrax is a pretty well run org it always has been it just sucks that its 80% at nelson but they are tryin to add tracks . I'm sure they will go back to beaver and they have been talking with mid Ohio so there may be a fasttrax Mid Ohio round ..... Possibly

sheepofblue

stalemate27;222930 wrote: No hondaG if A person holds a expert race license with any org , that person can go to wera and show proof of a expert race license and purchase one from either of the 2 . A Canadian superbike racer showed up at nelson with wera A few years ago bought a license , I bought my 1st ever wera license by showing my fasttrax license .. even tho sometimes they act better then the others wera and ccs are not worlds above other orgs , the talent usually is as a whole but that's because there is (well used to be) more money to win
I am guessing if the folks that drove down from Quebec had asked on sign up about a Canadian expert equivalent they likely could have gotten it. Reality is CCS/WERA are the largest orgs on this end of the US. The thing is the rule is easy to find and clearly worded and was followed. I don't agree with all of the NESBA policies but do appreciate clear and consistent rules. Based on the time I was at mid-o I bet you do also. Had you read the rulebook you might have renewed your or at least been aware of that option to get in "a" :rtfm:

stalemate27

Everyone knows Mid Ohio did lack some structure at one time , during the transition from another org running it and Mid Ohio doing it themselves . No org out there started perfect nor is any of them perfect now . We are still working hard as a group to make it a great experience and have more happy customers then unhappy ones and that's just the norm I believe

The Canadian SBK guy did get it and was fast as hell but was the year of exploding dunlop rears and it didn't end well for him , tire blew on the back straight was a really really bad scene . Drove down by himself bike had to be pulled outta the swamp with a back hoe . We all pitched in and loaded his trailer with what pieces were left to load ..... I know he lived but was in really bad shape . Truck and trailer was gone by the next round

Tdub

stalemate27;222943 wrote: ...but was the year of exploding dunlop rears and it didn't end well for him , tire blew on the back straight was a really really bad scene . .
Just curious...when was this?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
stalemate27;222934 wrote: And you can't just walk up and buy a novice license either , you have to go thru their approved "schools" to get it
Yup, but their approved schools don't teach you anything about how to ride. They just go over flags and procedures. At least that's my understanding.

Why am I still in here, I don't really care...

stalemate27

Think it was 05 at the nelson national T , may have been 04 but we were running fasttrax endurance in 05 and did the wera round at nelson , ran the wera nationals in 06 ... had to be 05 cause it was the nite race

stalemate27

HondaGalToo;222952 wrote: Yup, but their approved schools don't teach you anything about how to ride. They just go over flags and procedures. At least that's my understanding.

Why am I still in here, I don't really care...

A race school isn't there to teach people how to ride ..... if you can't ride well enough to corner low and run a red power band a race school isn't for you ;)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
stalemate27;222958 wrote: A race school isn't there to teach people how to ride ..... if you can't ride well enough to corner low and run a red power band a race school isn't for you ;)
Exactly, and that's my point (if I have one at all). You can do the school, get an amateur/novice license, and not have a clue about how to ride on a racetrack.

stalemate27

There are people at track days that don't have a clue on how to ride at all lol hence why this mess got started in the first place ;)

sheepofblue

stalemate27;222943 wrote: Everyone knows Mid Ohio did lack some structure at one time , during the transition from another org running it and Mid Ohio doing it themselves . No org out there started perfect nor is any of them perfect now . We are still working hard as a group to make it a great experience and have more happy customers then unhappy ones and that's just the norm I believe

The Canadian SBK guy did get it and was fast as hell but was the year of exploding dunlop rears and it didn't end well for him , tire blew on the back straight was a really really bad scene . Drove down by himself bike had to be pulled outta the swamp with a back hoe . We all pitched in and loaded his trailer with what pieces were left to load ..... I know he lived but was in really bad shape . Truck and trailer was gone by the next round
Sorry I did not mean it as a criticism. I was there at the first one after the transistion (I think if not real early) weather SUCKED and organization could be better but it was real obvious folks cared and were trying to do it right. Thus the comment on rules mattering as I would be surprised if that is not the case now nor have I heard anything to give that impression. So to be clear I meant it "since mid-o runs well and follows their rules I bet you can understand why others are doing the same with their rules"

And HG2 I have the Novice license :argh: 10lb Maple penalty!

BrokenSafety

Welcome to the off season!

No one here wants a lesson, only entertainment. No longer amusing and one got lost in their own babble trying to make a case. The confusion lead to them adding credibility to oppositions case. Funny.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
sheepofblue;222964 wrote:
And HG2 I have the Novice license :argh: 10lb Maple penalty!
Yeah, but you know how to ride on a track, having taken instruction from control riders, and some professional schools! :D

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
BrokenSafety;222967 wrote: Welcome to the off season!

No one here wants a lesson, only entertainment. No longer amusing and one got lost in their own babble trying to make a case. The confusion lead to them adding credibility to oppositions case. Funny.
Yeah, it's going to be a looong winter. Some folks tell that by looking at wooley bear caterpillars. Others can tell by how soon these types of threads start...:haha:

Wawazat

stalemate27;222962 wrote: There are people at track days that don't have a clue on how to ride at all lol hence why this mess got started in the first place ;)
And there are organizations that don't have a clue on how to teach people how to ride track. Just sayin'...

stalemate27

BrokenSafety;222967 wrote: Welcome to the off season!

This makes absolutely no sense ..... and It's people like you that just wanna run their mouths that threads like this end up like they do

sheepofblue

HondaGalToo;222969 wrote: Yeah, but you know how to ride on a track, having taken instruction from control riders, and some professional schools! :D
Some would question that on sheep shifting :haha:

BrokenSafety

stalemate27;222985 wrote: This makes absolutely no sense ..... and It's people like you that just wanna run their mouths that threads like this end up like they do
Not even a good try!

Hurry up and get the last word before we get completely bored with you. I can't win a debate with stupid. You have unlimited ammo.