barber this weekend ?????

nikk777

Control Rider
HondaGalToo;222959 wrote: Exactly, and that's my point (if I have one at all). You can do the school, get an amateur/novice license, and not have a clue about how to ride on a racetrack.
HondaGalToo;222952 wrote: Yup, but their approved schools don't teach you anything about how to ride. They just go over flags and procedures. At least that's my understanding.

Why am I still in here, I don't really care...
HondaGalToo;222928 wrote:
There's the answer. In wera or ccs you can buy a novice license, anyone can do it, even if you've never been on a track before. You have to earn an expert license with those two race orgs, you can't just "buy" one. That tells nesba that you've got the experience...

...and I guess they want a current licence rather than expired ones to ensure the experience is current. This isn't your case, but someone could have an expired expert license from 20 years ago and not have been on the track since. Guess they've gotta draw the line somewhere.

Please stop perpetrating this BS... You do not know what you are talking about, have no experience with racing and only know what the person who was obviously uninformed relayed to you...

stalemate27

BrokenSafety;222994 wrote: Not even a good try!

Hurry up and get the last word before we get completely bored with you. I can't win a debate with stupid. You have unlimited ammo.
I love me some internet wanna be badasses lol

stalemate27

nikk777;222995 wrote: Please stop perpetrating this BS... You do not know what you are talking about, have no experience with racing and only know what the person who was obviously uninformed relayed to you...
:agree: I was tryin to explain that to her without being rude lol

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
You're right, I have no racing experience, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. The stuff I was relaying was from talking with reliable sources over the years, folks who do race. Oh well...

By all means, educate me on the points I had wrong. Do race schools teach you to ride? I would like to know, just for my own interest. Not that I'll ever race, just curious.

Ruhe52

I love me some internet wanna be badasses lol

and I love guys that are smarter than everyone else from behind a keyboard. Doesn't your org have a forum that you could simply F&%$ off to

sheepofblue

HondaGalToo;223009 wrote: You're right, I have no racing experience, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. The stuff I was relaying was from talking with reliable sources over the years, folks who do race. Oh well...

By all means, educate me on the points I had wrong. Do race schools teach you to ride? I would like to know, just for my own interest. Not that I'll ever race, just curious.
Some do but it is possible to pass one without much ability (though not all). You at one time were eligible via Schwantz... Tell me what you learned about start boards. Classes that qualify vary widely on focus/purpose. Did holiday inn put mints on your pillow?

stalemate27

Ruhe52;223015 wrote: and I love guys that are smarter than everyone else from behind a keyboard. Doesn't your org have a forum that you could simply F&%$ off to
When did I ever claim to be smarter then anyone else ??? And I feel so warm and fuzzy since I came here to ask a simple question and got such a warm welcome I think Ima hang around awhile ... its just like every other forum , good people mixed in with assholes Im sure you know which one you are

JRA

I have better things to do then sit on the internet on forums all day long , don't ride with NESBA so there ain't alot of point in being on here
And you want to act like you wonder why people are bashing you? You know exactly why people are bashing you; it's because you enjoy it. You like the drama you think you've created here. In fact it appears to me that you are doing exactly what you said above that you don't have time for. So either the above is true and a lot of important things in your life aren't being accomplished today, or the above is a lie and you have nothing better to do that sit behind your computer, waiting with breathless anticipation of the next response so that you can type out some new reason why you have been right all along. Either way this is all pretty pathetic.

Just like I did in post number 7 I'm going to make a suggestion in an attempt to be helpful, and this goes for not only for Chad but for all who have posted in this thread...I'm pretty sure every point has been covered, and then covered again. It's time to move on. I don't care if it's now the off season and everyone just wants some entertainment, the purpose of this message board is not ten page drama threads. Here's the suggestion. Everyone give it a rest.

stalemate27

Oh you're right about one thing .. I do get a kick outta the drama that this created , I had today off so yep not alot better to do then keep up with this thread after unloading the trailer putting stuff away and catching up on sleep oh and TV , back to normal life tomarrow

I used to let things like this irritate the shit outta me , now I just find it funny

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
FREE TIRE FLIPS for EVERYONE regardless of where you bought the tires!!!!!!

(Sorry John, couldn't resist. I'm awake now from my nap after that all night drive back from Barber :D)

gkotlin

stalemate27;222782 wrote: It ain't no wonder I haven't done more days with NESBA , kinda find it funny because the 2 days I rode NESBA at HPT in the I group the few CRs that I played with couldn't hang and It's the only time I have ever ridden that track ..... oh well back to Ohio we go
Who was the CR that used to go to HPT way back when and do the body position seminars at lunch? He had ex AMA team bikes and this huge trailer. All kinds of goodies. I'm not sure how fast he was, but he was always out there.

stalemate27

gkotlin;223050 wrote: Who was the CR that used to go to HPT way back when and do the body position seminars at lunch? He had ex AMA team bikes and this huge trailer. All kinds of goodies. I'm not sure how fast he was, but he was always out there.
I have no clue was only there once

dlockhart5x

gkotlin;223050 wrote: Who was the CR that used to go to HPT way back when and do the body position seminars at lunch? He had ex AMA team bikes and this huge trailer. All kinds of goodies. I'm not sure how fast he was, but he was always out there.
I think I remember that guy. KWS bike right?

He didn't race and could not have been that fast.

stalemate27

Kinda like the guy on the east coast with all the big $ bikes only does track days but he has a sweet collection of rare bikes , old SBKs just some super nice hard to find stuff but he does actually ride what he has

stalemate27

Now J fuggin T if this thread has taught anybody anything its that you can't be fast without a current wera or ccs license :adore: