Beaverun Aug. 13-14 vids and Thanks!

CharJ35

Hey folks!

I had to chime in and say that I too hope all are well that went down on Saturday! I was totally bummed of the final numbers that day BUT at the same time, I was happy to see everyone up and walking away from the crashes!

Even though that was my first time to that track--I must say that I had a BLAST!!! Yes, I looked like a "rookie" and it's cool....one day, I will be as smooth as you guys and gals, no matter how hard OR long it takes the CRs to continuously beat in me to get it RIGHT...DANG....I feel like a Kindergartner on the 1st day of school...... :notsure:

I am most certainly looking forward to working with the NESBA fam and riding with all of you....okay, at least those of you who are in the B Group for the time being, because it seems that's where I will be for a LONNNNG while....anyway, see you all soon and I hope for a speedy recovery for those who are feeling the pain today from Saturday!

See you all soon...and maybe at the Yamaha Demo at Summit on the 10th.

Char--#35
Blue & White Zuk

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
CharJ35;207395 wrote: Hey folks!

I had to chime in and say that I too hope all are well that went down on Saturday! I was totally bummed of the final numbers that day BUT at the same time, I was happy to see everyone up and walking away from the crashes!

Even though that was my first time to that track--I must say that I had a BLAST!!! Yes, I looked like a "rookie" and it's cool....one day, I will be as smooth as you guys and gals, no matter how hard OR long it takes the CRs to continuously beat in me to get it RIGHT...DANG....I feel like a Kindergartner on the 1st day of school...... :notsure:

I am most certainly looking forward to working with the NESBA fam and riding with all of you....okay, at least those of you who are in the B Group for the time being, because it seems that's where I will be for a LONNNNG while....anyway, see you all soon and I hope for a speedy recovery for those who are feeling the pain today from Saturday!

See you all soon...and maybe at the Yamaha Demo at Summit on the 10th.

Char--#35
Blue & White Zuk
Welcome! What other tracks have you run? I'll be at the Summit weekend, should have the bike back together. Stop by and say hello!

acchou

Thanks Fritz

Hey Patrick,

I wanted personally thank you for the comment of me being 15 and my wife or as you mentioned "is that your mom?". I am still getting beat up by my "mom". Remind me to stick my foot out when you pass me. :D

CharJ35

HondaGalToo;207412 wrote: Welcome! What other tracks have you run? I'll be at the Summit weekend, should have the bike back together. Stop by and say hello!
Hey there Ms. Judy. Thank you for the Welcome!! I have been on Summit: Main and Jefferson (2) and VIR. Also, I will definitley stop past to say hello that weekend and to cheer you on....good luck with your bike, I know it'll be ready by then!!

fitz

acchou;207413 wrote: Hey Patrick,

I wanted personally thank you for the comment of me being 15 and my wife or as you mentioned "is that your mom?". I am still getting beat up by my "mom". Remind me to stick my foot out when you pass me. :D
I’m sorry the one you call Patrick can no longer be reached for he has moved to a cave, in the mountains, in a foreign country, that doesn't have any form of understandable communication.

sideshowbob

Had a great day Sat even though I was one of the crash guy's too.It was turn 5 in the 4th session and the front just went out.I think I maybe went a little wide there a caused it.Bike isn't too bad really and hopefully it's back together for Summit.I tore it apart Sat night to check the damage.I was ok and really glad I didn't take anyone out or put fluids down on the track.Bikes are easy to fix as compared to bones so all is good.

Session was red flagged later for another crash and thumbs up for NESBA for going out to the track just to check the surface over to make sure it was ok.Always have a great time with NESBA and the professional manner in which the run a trackday.

Pat

acchou

fitz;207418 wrote: I’m sorry the one you call Patrick can no longer be reached for he has moved to a cave, in the mountains, in a foreign country, that doesn't have any form of understandable communication.
lol... but you'll still be at trackday. Unless.... there is a track in the cave/mountains.

mrh372

needasixr;207315 wrote: Great weekend, great folks. Crash-fest Saturday. Sunday turned out beautiful. So many quotable moments, but the best (or worst) was when Fitz thought Rachel was Anson's mom instead of wife. And when given a chance to bail out on his comments INSISTED she was his mom. No living that one down.
Really fun riding with Scott and Jeff Sunday. I do owe you one for the sticker, Jeff...
Oh man I missed a lot! Sounds like it would have been worth going without even riding.

-mike

SnipeHunter

Control Rider
Re-bribery

jeff15;207488 wrote: Dion paid me to do it!

I'll see you at summit!
needasixr;207315 wrote:
Great weekend, great folks. Crash-fest Saturday. Sunday turned out beautiful. So many quotable moments, but the best (or worst) was when Fitz thought Rachel was Anson's mom instead of wife. And when given a chance to bail out on his comments INSISTED she was his mom. No living that one down.
Really fun riding with Scott and Jeff Sunday. I do owe you one for the sticker, Jeff...
I'm sorry Larry. I had to get you back for bribing the CRs to hold me up so you could get by me. :crs:

Bseville

RADAR Magnet;207284 wrote: I'd like to add my thanks to Ben and Jeff for their observations in the B group on Saturday. It was great following you around and I'm really eager to continue working on your feedback. Hopefully we can catch up if you're at Summit in September.
It was good working with you and yes I will be at Summit. See you there.

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
kneedragger45;208244 wrote: Hey!!!! Thats my tank panel at the entrance to turn 10.....I was wondering were it went!! :D
They had it sitting at the table on Sunday. Somebody still has it.

rk97

pajixxer;207635 wrote: Here is a vid from a Saturday A session... I had a great weekend riding with everyone!
http://vimeo.com/27753112

Question for everyone who runs a sub 1:03 pace at BeaveRun, but watching this video I have a question on gear selection.

first, Brad, are you at stock gearing on that bike, or up teeth in the rear?

I ask because it sounds like you are dropping into 2nd gear while braking for T4 in the video. I usually hold 3rd from T1 until T7, but with stock gearing (i've only run Beaver with +2 in the rear), I could see how T4 and T10 could be taken in 2nd instead of 3rd.

I actually used to take T4 in second when I was in "B" group, because it allowed MUCH better drive to pass people in "the chute" before T5. Buck has demonstrated that he can do the same to me in "A" :D

But anyway, I'm wondering i slightly taller gearing might actually help me by allowing for better drive out of T4 and T10. The only places I see it adding an additional up-shift would be either into T5, or between 6 and 7, and then I'd exit T10 in 2nd, and have to add a shift there to get to 5th for the front straight. Seems worth it if it's really helping with the drive between 4 and 5, and possibly getting me out of 10 faster as well, rather than bogging it in 3rd (entering in 2nd gear w/ my current gearing gets the bike way squirrely).