Bump to A group!

akosi

Huge thanks goes out to all the CR riders especially John and Dave yesterday for working with me and eventually bumping me to A group!!!! :adore:

I still have a lot to learn and I'm sure A group will teach me a ton. I guess it's time to start safety wiring! I noticed in some photos that the top half of my body is lazy so I need to work on getting my head out further and lower also a CR rider said I need to work on carrying more speed into turn 3 I'll try to fix that as well. Any opinions are always welcome! The addiction continues to grow!!!

Thanks again!

Anthony

P.S. The video is the second to last session of the day Dave and I were having a good time. Within the last 20 seconds of the video you can see my back tire slip in the right turn. My tire was shot so I called it a day and got the bump :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0wspEiJKYk&feature=youtu.be

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Congrats on the bump! and yes you are fresh meat...lol Just joking enjoy!

Pseudolus

akosi;290425 wrote: Huge thanks goes out to all the CR riders especially John and Dave yesterday for working with me and eventually bumping me to A group!!!! :adore:

Had you pass me twice throughout the day I believe and both passes were courteous and most impressive of all, CONFIDENT, in places I don't usually get passed. You were FLYING! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Very well deserved! :cheers:

akosi

Pseudolus;290438 wrote: Had you pass me twice throughout the day I believe and both passes were courteous and most impressive of all, CONFIDENT, in places I don't usually get passed. You were FLYING! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Very well deserved! :cheers:
Thanks for the kind words! I didn't see you that often you must have been moving as well. I'm jealous of your bike it sounds amazing!

borislav

Control Rider
Dude congrats,very impressive advancement since I bumped you to I at Lightning month or so ago!
Very good that you are aware of things that you need to address since I noticed same thing by checking photos on sunday!(talking about your upper body)
Good job.

akosi

borislav;290456 wrote: Dude congrats,very impressive advancement since I bumped you to I at Lightning month or so ago!
Very good that you are aware of things that you need to address since I noticed same thing by checking photos on sunday!(talking about your upper body)
Good job.
Yah I should have checked the photos a little more to get a better body position idea. It's crazy how awkward it looks yet it felt right. I'll be putting a lot more effort into it.

akosi

MANIX;290480 wrote: Great job bring that bike this weekend to NJMP. More track time alwlays helps...
Thanks, I'm trying to put it together but I don't think I'll have enough time to prep the bike this week with work:banghead:

motorkas

Congrats!!!!!!! You we're moving out there!!!!!!!!!!! As my brother said, nice clean passes with NO HESISITATION:adore:. . .for a second, I thought you were testing out the new paint scheme for the CRs' bikes next year. . .:D

akosi

motorkas;290483 wrote: Congrats!!!!!!! You we're moving out there!!!!!!!!!!! As my brother said, nice clean passes with NO HESISITATION:adore:. . .for a second, I thought you were testing out the new paint scheme for the CRs' bikes next year. . .:D
Thanks it was an amazing day for me! Who told you about the testing :eek:uttahere:

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
akosi;290425 wrote: Huge thanks goes out to all the CR riders especially John and Dave yesterday for working with me and eventually bumping me to A group!!!! :adore:

I still have a lot to learn and I'm sure A group will teach me a ton. I guess it's time to start safety wiring! I noticed in some photos that the top half of my body is lazy so I need to work on getting my head out further and lower also a CR rider said I need to work on carrying more speed into turn 3 I'll try to fix that as well. Any opinions are always welcome! The addiction continues to grow!!!

Thanks again!

Anthony

P.S. The video is the second to last session of the day Dave and I were having a good time. Within the last 20 seconds of the video you can see my back tire slip in the right turn. My tire was shot so I called it a day and got the bump :D

Anthony

It was great riding with you Monday. You were on the radar in the morning but knowing you weren't wired (you thought I was just being nosey at lunch huh?) We just spent the day working on a few minor issues. Have fun in A and be ready to get stuffed like a Thanksgiving Turkey son!

akosi

Slitherin;290552 wrote: Anthony

It was great riding with you Monday. You were on the radar in the morning but knowing you weren't wired (you thought I was just being nosey at lunch huh?) We just spent the day working on a few minor issues. Have fun in A and be ready to get stuffed like a Thanksgiving Turkey son!
Haha I'm ready for the stuffing this Saturday you going to be there? Yah I really hadn't put any thought into getting bumped but throughout the day I started getting the idea. Looking forward to what A group will be like.

Wow!! Impressive riding!!! You were moving on there! What times were you putting down? What tires were you running? Great job an a VERY WELL Deserved bump!

akosi

crashkhanman;290573 wrote: Wow!! Impressive riding!!! You were moving on there! What times were you putting down? What tires were you running? Great job an a VERY WELL Deserved bump!
Thanks! I haven't been keeping track of times but now that I'm in A group I'll start doing it. I had the Q3s on the bike which worked well but I didn't even get 2 track days out of them. Just bought the 211 GPA tires for saturday so I'm hoping they impress me.

akosi;290575 wrote: Thanks! I haven't been keeping track of times but now that I'm in A group I'll start doing it. I had the Q3s on the bike which worked well but I didn't even get 2 track days out of them. Just bought the 211 GPA tires for saturday so I'm hoping they impress me.
Ok great! Please post back in here as that is my exact same move next with your feedback on the tires!

motorkas

akosi;290575 wrote: Thanks! I haven't been keeping track of times but now that I'm in A group I'll start doing it. I had the Q3s on the bike which worked well but I didn't even get 2 track days out of them. Just bought the 211 GPA tires for saturday so I'm hoping they impress me.
Ok great! Please post back in here as that is my exact same move next with your feedback on the tires!
Kevin, I'll jump in on this one:)

Ran Q2's at the beginning of the season, slicks for the whole season, switched to the 211's for Thunderbolt (Collin didn't have slicks).

Q2's v Slicks - you'll notice. . . and the more you push, the more you'll notice. . .:D, you notice how they grip while leaned over and you'll definitely notice how much better they are while braking hard and trail braking. . .not saying the Q2/3 are bad (they're actually an incredible tire) - just saying the slicks and 211's are that much better. . .

Slicks v 211's - I couldn't tell tell a difference (same compound - basically same tire but with tread to make them DOT). . .

The 211 fronts are AWESOME (so are the slicks:). . .do it - don't look back. . .just be careful with them if you use them on the street - (get heat into them)

Use warmers if you have them - if not - definitely try to get some (takes the guessing game out of "have they heated up yet")

Also, Dunlop recommends 32/32 with Q2/3's - it's 33/23 hot (front/rear) for the slicks and 211's (if it's cooler, drop 1 PSI - at least that's what my brother and I did this weekend. . .)

Oh yeah - easily getting 6+ days from a rear. . .

Hope that helps!!!!!

PS - Anthony - prepare yourself - you're going to SHRED the right rear side of your tire at lightning - not the tires fault - it's the big bowl on that track. . .:D